TVS Motor sales up 3 percent in AprilMay 1st, 2009 - 3:57 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 1 (IANS) TVS Motor Co Friday said it sold 113,119 two-wheelers last month, 3 percent up from 109,972 units it sold in April 2008.
As the company’s moped sales went up to 41,065 units last month from 32,701 units a year ago, motorcycle and scooter sales reported marginal drop.
Motorcycle sales went down to 53,235 units from 58,237 units recorded in April 2008, while scooter sales stood at 18,819 units as against 19,034 units, the company said in a statement.
The global slowdown has affected TVS’ exports also, which saw a marginal fall at 10,134 units last month, compared to 10,213 units in the corresponding period last year.
- Honda Motorcycle logs growth, TVS Motor slips in February - Mar 01, 2012
- TVS Motor logs lower sales in March - Apr 02, 2012
- TVS Motor logs five percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2012
- Smooth ride for two-wheeler makers in February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
- TVS Motor sales up by 24 percent in February - Mar 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs 36 percent sales growth in June - Jul 01, 2010
- TVS Motor logs 30 percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2011
- Good take-off for two-wheelers in 2011, companies mark sales growth (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Auto companies start 2012 with good sales (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2012
- High interest rate, fuel prices slow down car sales (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- TVS Motor logs 42 percent sales growth in Dec 2010 - Jan 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs 28 percent sales growth - May 01, 2010
- Nissan, Honda Motorcycle log good growth in June - Jul 02, 2012
- TVS Motors logs 34 percent sales growth in August - Sep 01, 2010
- TVS Motor logs 29 percent November sales growth - Dec 01, 2010