TVS Motor sales up 19 percent in SeptemberOctober 1st, 2008 - 2:58 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Oct 1 (IANS) Two-wheeler manufacturer TVS Motor Co has posted a 19 percent growth, registering sales of 137,246 units in September, as against 115,091 units in the corresponding month the previous year. During the month, the company’s motorcycle sales posted 32 percent growth recording 71,278 units, in comparison to 53,991 units recorded in September 2007.
Scooters, however, recorded sales of 27,108 units as against 27,199 units during the corresponding period the previous year.
Taking a cue from the kids bicycles that have two balancing wheels, TVS incorporated the concept in its TVS Scooty brand so that those who haven’t ridden a cycle can ride a two-wheeler.
The company exported 18,229 units last month, as against 13,036 units in the corresponding period the previous year.
- TVS Motor sales up by 24 percent in February - Mar 01, 2011
- TVS Motors closes March and fiscal with higher sales - Apr 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs five percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2012
- TVS Motor logs lower sales in December - Jan 02, 2012
- TVS Motors, India Yamaha log sales growth in November - Dec 01, 2011
- TVS Motor sales down in May - Jun 01, 2012
- TVS Motor posts higest ever sales in September - Oct 01, 2010
- Smooth ride for two-wheeler makers in February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
- Indian automobile sector's March sales soar (Roundup) - Apr 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs 42 percent sales growth in Dec 2010 - Jan 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs 4 percent sales growth in September - Oct 01, 2009
- TVS Motor logs 14 percent sales growth in August - Sep 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs 14 percent sales growth in April - May 01, 2011
- TVS Motor sales up 7 percent in April - May 01, 2012
- Indian auto makers post record sales in festive October - Nov 01, 2010