TVS Motor posts Rs.9.24 bn revenueJuly 28th, 2008 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 28 (IANS) City-based two-wheeler manufacturer TVS Motor Co Ltd has reported revenue of Rs.9.24 billion ($220 million) for the first quarter of 2008-09 compared to Rs.8.01 billion over the corresponding period last year. The profit before tax (PBT) and profit after tax (PAT) during the quarter under review stood at Rs.100.2 million and Rs.70.2 million, respectively, against Rs.109 million and Rs.75.5 million, respectively, of the year-ago period, the company announced Monday.
The company sold 171,700 motorcycles during the April-June quarter compared to 152,100 units over the corresponding quarter last year.
Scooter sales, however, decreased to 65,500 units during the quarter from 70,200 units of the last year period.
This was mainly due to disruption in the supply of components by some of the tier II vendors.
During the quarter, the company launched its electric two-wheeler, TVS Scooty Electric and its three-wheeler variants in Kerala.
The company exported 42,500 two-wheelers in the first quarter recording a growth of 50 percent over the corresponding period last year.
- TVS Motor's third quarter net profit up 1.39 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- TVS Motors closes March and fiscal with higher sales - Apr 01, 2011
- TVS Motor Q2 net zooms to Rs.54.78 crore - Oct 21, 2010
- Hero Honda quarterly net profit plunges 16.2 percent - May 04, 2011
- TVS's Q3 net profit jumps 137 percent - Jan 20, 2011
- TVS logs 28 percent net profit, to launch new vehicles - May 24, 2012
- Calcutta power utility earns Rs.4,000 crore in FY11 - Apr 29, 2011
- TVS Motor sales down in May - Jun 01, 2012
- TVS Motor logs lower sales in December - Jan 02, 2012
- TVS Motor logs 14 percent sales growth in April - May 01, 2011
- TVS Motor sales up by 24 percent in February - Mar 01, 2011
- Magma's Q2 income up 27 percent - Oct 17, 2011
- Hero MotoCorp first quarter net profit grows by 10.2 percent - Jul 19, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's Q3 net profit zooms 19 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp's fourth quarter net up 20 percent - May 02, 2012