TVS Motor posts lower net profit in 2007-08June 30th, 2008 - 8:37 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 30 (IANS) The net profit of two-wheeler manufacturer TVS Motor Co Ltd witnessed a steep decline in 2007-08 at Rs.317.7 million ($7.5 million) compared to Rs.666 million of the previous fiscal. The company announced Monday that its turnover also came down marginally from Rs.39.20 billion in 2006-07 to Rs.32.91 billion in fiscal 2008.
During period under review, TVS Motor sold 1.27 million units comprising motorcycles, scooters and mopeds of which the motorcycles accounted for 610,000 units.
Exports witnessed a growth of 32 percent recording sales of 136,000 units in comparison to 103,000 units in 2006-07.
The company added that it has plans to launch a new Scooty model and upgrade its Apache bike introducing fuel injection technology.
TVS Motor also plans to introduce four-stroke versions of its three-wheeler in petrol, LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) and CNG (compressed natural gas) versions for domestic and export markets during current fiscal.
- TVS Motor logs lower sales in March - Apr 02, 2012
- TVS logs 28 percent net profit, to launch new vehicles - May 24, 2012
- TVS Motor Q2 net zooms to Rs.54.78 crore - Oct 21, 2010
- TVS Motor's net falls marginally - Jun 26, 2009
- TVS Motor logs five percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2012
- TVS Motor logs 14 percent sales growth in April - May 01, 2011
- Smooth ride for two-wheeler makers in February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs 30 percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs 36 percent sales growth in June - Jul 01, 2010
- TVS Motor sales up by 24 percent in February - Mar 01, 2011
- Good take-off for two-wheelers in 2011, companies mark sales growth (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- TVS's Q3 net profit jumps 137 percent - Jan 20, 2011
- TVS Motor's third quarter net profit up 1.39 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- Indian automobile sector's February sales soar (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011
Tags: 5 million, apache, compressed natural gas, export markets, fuel injection, gas versions, injection technology, liquefied petroleum gas, motor co, motorcycles, net profit, scooters and mopeds, scooty, steep decline, stroke, three wheeler, turnover, tvs, two wheeler