TVS Logistics to train executives at American business schoolMay 27th, 2011 - 12:52 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 26 (IANS) In order to develop its middle and senior management talent pool to take the company towards its billion-dollar turnover goal, city-based TVS Logistics Services Ltd has tied up with Michigan’s Ross School of Business to train its executives, a top company official said Thursday.
“There are multiple objectives we are hoping to resolve with this single tie up key to help the internal senior management build capability to cater to the future leadership requirements,” managing director R.Dinesh told reporters here.
As per the tie-up, the American business school will train 35 executives of TVS Logistics on problem solving concepts and its practical application.
“This is the first time a business school is actively involved with a company while training its executives. With this method the executives will be able to contribute immediately to the company,” M.P.Narayanan, professor of finance at the Ross School of Business.
Asked about the difference between the programmes that the American business school runs for other Indian business groups like Tatas and that of TVS Logistics, he said: “The difference is in action planning component. The programme is tailor-made for TVS Logistics.”
The executives who are undergoing the programme will get a management degree at the end of the three-year programme.
According to Dinesh, the three programmes will involve an outgo of Rs.8 crore for the company.
He said the executives undergoing the programme will have to serve the company for two years after completing the course.
- TVS Logistics gets $53 million equity funding - Apr 19, 2012
- TVS group acquires Britain-based firm - Mar 27, 2012
- TVS Logistics to assemble gensets for Ashok Leyland - Aug 22, 2011
- Britain shows interest in tying up with Kerala B-school - May 24, 2012
- ISB signs MoU to offer executive education in Pakistan (with images) - Apr 13, 2012
- Madurai to Michigan - TVS Logistics acquires US company - Jan 18, 2011
- One lakh Bengal youths to get skills training - Jul 30, 2011
- ISB signs MoU to offer executive education in Pakistan (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Reliance Life Insurance in talk with banks for tie-up - Aug 19, 2012
- Ford to spend $250,000 on seven Tamil Nadu villages - May 22, 2012
- TVS Automobile chalks out aggressive expansion plans - Feb 23, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh judges to train at army management institute - May 02, 2011
- Ashok Leyland takes 26 percent stake in British Optare - Jul 29, 2010
- Yale names IIM, Ahmedabad almunus to top post (With images) - Jun 18, 2012
- ISB signs MoU to provide executive education in Middle East - May 17, 2012
Tags: american business school, chennai, crore, dinesh, goal city, indian business groups, leadership requirements, logistics services, management degree, management talent, managing director, narayanan, practical application, ross school, rs 8, school of business, senior management, services ltd, talent pool, tatas