Tube Investments to supply car doors for Nano from Pune plantNovember 11th, 2008 - 4:21 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Nov 11 (IANS) Tube Investments of India (TI), a Rs.17.82-billion multi-product firm, has announced it will supply door frames to Tata Motors’ small car Nano from its Pune manufacturing facility.With Tata Motors walking out of Singur in West Bengal following public protests against the project, vendors too have started shifting their production lines.
The car manufacturer moved its plant to produce the world’s cheapest car, priced at Rs.100,000, from Singur to Sanand in Gujarat last month.
“We have spent around Rs.80 million on plant and building at Singur. Tata has said that it would compensate the vendors suitably,” TI managing director L. Ramkumar told IANS.
TI has a separate car door frame plant at Pune to supply Tata Motor’s Indica model.
“We will set up a plant in Gujarat from where Tata will roll out the Nano model,” Ramkumar said.
He, however, added that the company would retain the land and building at Singur.
- First Nano from Gujarat unit rolls out Wednesday - Jun 02, 2010
- Tube Investments seeks partner for Chinese unit - Jul 31, 2009
- Nano's Sanand plant goes on stream (Lead) - Jun 02, 2010
- Modi to visit Japan, meet Suzuki officials (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Manesar violence blow to Maruti, may hit Japanese investment - Jul 20, 2012
- Tata Nano plant in Gujarat inaugurated - Jun 02, 2010
- Narender Modi inaugurates new manufacturing plant of Nano in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2010
- West Bengal moves apex court on Singur land law - Aug 07, 2012
- Some day Tata Motors will have plant in Bengal: Ratan Tata - Aug 31, 2012
- Not shying from investing in Haryana plants: Maruti Suzuki - Nov 03, 2011
- Tube Investments to acquire Shanthi Gears for Rs.292 crore - Jul 13, 2012
- Nano was born out of a doodle by Ratan Tata - Oct 14, 2010
- Tube Investments may exit China - Sep 04, 2009
- Maruti plans 10 lakh capacity plant in Gujarat - May 31, 2011
- Ratan Tata force behind group's international foray - Nov 24, 2011