Tube Investments to sell Rs.200,000 bicycleMarch 25th, 2009 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, March 25 (IANS) Bicycle and engineering product manufacturer Tube Investments (TI) Wednesday said it will sell premium bicycles that cost up to Rs.200,000.
“We will sell bicycles ranging between Rs.17,500-200,000 and accessories through our exclusive retail outlets Track and Trail,” Arun Alagappan, TI senior vice-president (retail and e-bikes), told IANS from Bangalore on phone.
He added that upper end bicycles would be manufactured by Italian company Banchi and Cannondale Bicycle Corp of the US.
“These products have to be retailed exclusively and cannot be sold through other cycle outlets. Further there are several cycling accessories that go with such premium bikes,” Alagappan said.
The official further hoped to achieve 20 percent market share in the first year.
“As per our estimates, the size of super premium bicycle segment is around 7,000 units. We are hoping to sell around 1,500 units in the first year,” Alagappan said.
TI has already opened Track and Train showrooms in Bangalore and Delhi and is planning to open eight more over a period of three years.
The company will invest Rs.10 crore for opening the stores that would mainly sell mountain, road and hybrid bikes.
According to TI managing director L. Ramkumar, the partnership with Bianchi and Cannondale will further strengthen the company’s competence in the performance bicycle market.
Added Richard Stroem, director (international sales) of Bianchi: “India can become an important market for us in three years’ time with the youth showing interest to stay fit.”
- TI Cycles launches two premium bicycles - Oct 29, 2010
- TI Cycles pedalling up the value chain - Mar 25, 2011
- TI to double turnover in cycle segment - Sep 30, 2011
- Tube Investments to acquire Shanthi Gears for Rs.292 crore - Jul 13, 2012
- Hero Cycles to launch premium bikes in November - Sep 02, 2011
- India's first bicycle mall opens in Pune (With Images) - Jan 27, 2010
- Tube Investments seeks partner for Chinese unit - Jul 31, 2009
- TI to peddle premium cycles for niche market - Jun 18, 2008
- Stanley Lifestyles plans to open four overseas stores - Jun 18, 2011
- Hero Cycles forays into high-end bicycles - Feb 20, 2012
- Mercedes launches 3D stimulator, luxury apparels - Sep 08, 2010
- Hero Eco Group to invest Rs.500 crore in next 5 years - Dec 28, 2011
- Mercedes to retail exclusive apparel and accessories - Sep 13, 2010
- Karnataka firm to earn Rs.35 crore selling India's costliest soap - Feb 27, 2012
- Cycling to work? Growing movement to tackle mobility crisis (Feature) - Mar 25, 2012
Tags: banchi, bangalore, bianchi, bicycle market, bicycles, cannondale bicycle, crore, cycling accessories, director international sales, hybrid bikes, italian company, market share, performance bicycle, product manufacturer, ramkumar, retail outlets, senior vice president, showrooms, stroem, tube investments