Tube Investments of India net down Rs.11.59 croreAugust 6th, 2012 - 8:17 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 6 (IANS) City-based multi-product company Tube Investments Monday announced a Rs.11.59 crore fall in net profit in the first quarter of the current fiscal as against corresponding period of the previous year.
In a statement here, the company said its standalone revenue and net profit during the first quarter stood at Rs.914.80 crore and Rs.38.43 crore as against Rs.874.26 crore and Rs.50.02 crore respectively posted during the first quarter of 2011-12.
Its consolidated revenue and net profit stood at Rs.1,793.09 crore and Rs.119.43 crore, up from Rs.1,470.73 crore and Rs.88.73 crore, respectively, logged during the first quarter of 2011-12.
The jump in consolidated net profit during the quarter under review is due to the growth in net profits of its financial subsidiaries Cholamandalam Investment & Finance Company and Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company.
Non-banking finance company Cholamandalam Investment and Cholamandalam MS General earned a net profit of Rs.70 crore and Rs.11 crore, respectively, during the first quarter of the current fiscal up from Rs.32 crore and Rs.6 crore earned during comparable period of the previous year.
According to Tube Investments, it is in the process of making an open offer to the shareholders of Shanthi Gears to acquire 26 percent stake in the latter.
In July this year, Tube Investments entered into a share purchase agreement with the promoters of Shanthi Gears for the purchase of their 44.12 percent holdings in the latter at Rs.81 per share.
- Tube Investments logs 37 percent net profit growth - Apr 30, 2012
- Carborundum Universal net down by 31 percent - Aug 07, 2012
- Tube Investments to acquire Shanthi Gears for Rs.292 crore - Jul 13, 2012
- Carborundum Universal Q2 net profit grows 55 percent - Oct 27, 2010
- Cholamandalam Investment posts higher profit - Jan 27, 2011
- DLF's Q1 net profit down 55 percent - Aug 02, 2011
- Tata Motors Q2 consolidated net profit down 15.55 percent - Nov 14, 2011
- CESC's consolidated net profit down 11 percent - Jun 13, 2012
- Usha Martin Q1 net profit down 86.5 percent - Jul 31, 2012
- Rs.2 bn equity investment in Srei Equipment Finance okayed - Aug 11, 2012
- BGR Energy's Q1 sales and net profit down - Aug 03, 2012
- Chola MS targets Rs.2,500 crore premium by 2014-15 - Sep 03, 2012
- DLF Q2 profit falls 11 percent - Nov 10, 2011
- Sonata Software net dips 64 percent in second quarter - Nov 04, 2011
- NALCO's Q3 net profit down 80 percent - Feb 07, 2012
Tags: cholamandalam, comparable period, consolidated revenue, crore, finance company, financial subsidiaries, first quarter, gears, general insurance company, net profit, net profits, previous year, promoters, rs 1, rs 50, rs 6, shanthi gears, share purchase agreement, shareholders, tube investments