TSG International sets up luxury brand boutiques in BangaloreAugust 6th, 2008 - 7:05 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Aug 6 (IANS) Indian fashionwear marketing company TSG International Marketing Ltd is all set to launch four boutiques here to sell global luxury brands of renowned designers, a top company official said Wednesday. The company founded by the Delhi-based Sachdev group is setting up the boutiques at the UB City Mall in India’s IT hub to sell brands of renowned designers Stella McCartney, Moschino, Lanvin and Jean Paul Gaultier.
Targeted at high-profile customers and Indian globe-trotters, the designer shops will market a range of ready-to-wear garments and accessories for men and women who are fashion-conscious, stylish and edgy, the official said.
“As India’s boom city, Bangalore is emerging as a prime destination for the finest in luxury. Aware of its cosmopolitan nature and flair for fashion, we have opened four boutiques under one roof to offer a choice of brands for upscale customers,” Charu Sachdev, the company’s chief executive officer told reporters Wednesday at a launch preview.
The British-based Stella McCartney, who introduced sharp tailoring, natural confidence and sexy femininity in her collection, does not use leather or fur in her designs, he said.
Moschino of Italy is showcasing menswear for the first time in India. It also hosts a cheap and chic line, Sachdev said.
Jean Paul Gaultier of France brings ready-to-wear collections for men and women, the Jeans line and Soliel, in addition to a whole range of fashion accessories, Sachdev said.
Similarly, Lanvin of France, the oldest couture house in the world, is promoting a rich collection of dresses and accessories for men and women.
“Though we had set up our first boutique at Taj hotel in Mumbai in 2005, we are now expanding our presence across metros, beginning with Bangalore. We are on the look out for an ideal retail space in upscale Delhi for unveiling a similar boutique later this year,” Sachdev said.
Promoted by Sachdev sisters - Charu and Priya Chatwal, TSG is aimed at introducing, managing and operating high-end luxury brands in the Indian sub-continent.
“We have tied up with the Italian fashion group AEFFE for the exclusive marketing and distribution of its high-end luxury brands in India,” Chatwal said.
The Italian group owns several brands such as Moschino and Alberta Ferretti.
TSG also plans to bring branded products of Alexander Mcqueen from Britain and Diano Von Furstenburg from Belgium under an exclusive tie-up.
TSG is investing Rs 25,000 per square foot in each boutique, measuring about 1000 square feet. The investment involves spending on design, decoration and merchandise.
“We are targeting a turnover of Rs.150 million in the first year of operation. The market for luxury brands in India is estimated to be about $377 million (Rs.16 billion),” Charu said.
The privately-held company plans to open 13 stores over the next two years across metros and large cities such as Hyderabad and Pune.
- Stella McCartney opens her first Adidas store - May 30, 2012
- Lanvin to launch kids wear - May 06, 2011
- Stella McCartney relaunches shopping website - Dec 04, 2010
- Indians prefer shopping for luxury items abroad, say experts - Mar 26, 2009
- From films to fashion - Cannes rolls out red carpet for all (With images) - May 23, 2012
- Indian designers unfazed by Hermes sari plans - Oct 16, 2011
- Kate Moss to be face of Dior's new beauty campaign - Oct 30, 2010
- Chatwal plans to open 52 hotels in India - Jan 09, 2012
- Stella Mccartney to design Britain's Olympic team's outfit - Jul 15, 2010
- Bullish on India, Chatwal plans 100 hotels in 10 years (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Corporate backing must for fashion brands: Designers - Apr 04, 2012
- Stella McCartney to launch kids' clothing line - Sep 15, 2010
- 'Global brands can generate jobs in India' (With Image) - May 21, 2012
- Stella McCartney Welcomes Fourth Child Reiley Into Family - Dec 02, 2010
- Stella McCartney designing kids' clothes - Sep 16, 2010
Tags: boom city, chief executive officer, city bangalore, cosmopolitan nature, fashion accessories, fashionwear, globe trotters, hotel in mumbai, international marketing, jean paul gaultier, luxury brand, luxury brands, natural confidence, prime destination, profile customers, renowned designers, soliel, stella mccartney, time in india, upscale customers