Tripura registers record rise in tax collectionJune 2nd, 2012 - 6:21 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, June 2 (IANS) Tripura registered a record 38.24 percent increase in collection of taxes from different sources in the last 2011-12 fiscal against the national average of 24 percent, an official said here Sunday.
“Tripura had collected Rs.775.90 crore in taxes in the financial year 2011-12 while Rs.561.27 crore of tax was collected in the previous year (2010-11),” state Commissioner of Taxes and Excise Brijesh Kumar Pandey told reporters here.
He said: “Last fiscal’s collection of Rs.775.90 crore of taxes was highest in the last 30 years in Tripura. At the national level, collections of taxes increased by 24 percent in the last financial year compared to the 2010-11 fiscal.”
The Tripura government’s budgetary target of collection of taxes from sale of commodities, entertainment and agricultural income tax in the 2011-12 fiscal was Rs.722.19 crore.
The official said that to further increase the growth of tax collection, the tax and excise department would Sunday launch ambitious computerisation system of the entire tax administration through Mission Mode Project (MMP).
In the beginning, the department will introduce electronics services like e-registration, e-payment of taxes and e-filing of tax returns from Sunday.
- Delhi sees 23 percent increase in tax collection - Jan 18, 2012
- Personal income tax collection up 10.02 percent in April-May - Jun 13, 2012
- Delhi's gets over Rs.2,000 crore from liquor sales - May 15, 2011
- Gross direct tax collection up 26 percent - Sep 08, 2011
- Jharkhand launches online tax payment (Lead) - Dec 27, 2010
- Indirect tax mop-up surges 46 percent to Rs.1,24,170 crore - Sep 14, 2010
- E-filing of returns must for people earning over Rs.10 lakh - Jul 02, 2012
- Highlights of Pranab Mukherjee's budget for 2011-12 - Feb 28, 2011
- Government detects Rs.13,620 crore tax evasion - Apr 10, 2012
- Indirect tax mop-up surges 44.4 percent in six month - Oct 14, 2010
- Direct tax collection rises 13 percent in 2011-12 - Jun 06, 2012
- BEL net dips 16 percent in 2011-12 - Apr 24, 2012
- Rich taxed, common man spared in Karnataka budget - Mar 21, 2012
- Highlights of Union Budget 2011-12 (Part-V) - Feb 28, 2011
- CESC's consolidated net profit down 11 percent - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: agricultural income, commodities, crore, e filing, electronics services, excise department, income tax, level collections, mission mode, mmp, previous year, registers, state commissioner, target, tax administration, tax returns, tripura government