Trinidad and Tobago keen to host mini Indian diaspora meetJanuary 8th, 2012 - 10:13 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Jan 8 (IANS) Trinidad and Tobago Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Sunday invited Indian investments in her country, assuring all possible help and said the Caribbean nation was keen to host a mini Indian diaspora meet.”Consideration should be given for holding a Pravasi Bharatiya Divas in our country,” said Bissessar, who is the chief guest at 10th annual Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) diaspora meet.
Urging Indian entrepreneurs to increase investment in her country, she said Trinidad and Tobago provided an excellent opportunity for Indian entrepreneurs and investors to set up manufacturing and service industries.
“We are committed to programme of diversification and are offering attractive incentives to investors,” said Bissessar, the first female prime minister of Trinidad and Tobago.
She said Trinidad and Tobago as a gate way to America and has a number of trade agreements which will allow for market access into the Central and Latin American markets.
“For those of us who may be unaware to Trinidad and Tobago, we are the world’s number one exporter of methanol and at times urea,” she said.
- Trinidad and Tobago PM in India from Thursday - Jan 04, 2012
- Kamla Persad-Bissessar, a 'Pravasi Bharatiya' on her way to India - Jan 01, 2012
- Trinidad and Tobago PM chief guest at Pravasi Bharatiya Divas - Oct 27, 2011
- Trinidad and Tobago PM to visit India in January - Dec 18, 2011
- India looks to Trinidad for oil, signs 5 pacts - Jan 06, 2012
- Return to roots: Trinidad PM to plant saplings in village - Jan 10, 2012
- Trinidad and Tobago PM arrives in India - Jan 05, 2012
- India to help develop Trinidad as ICT hub - Jan 27, 2012
- Emotions flow as Trinidad's 'daughter PM' visits Bihar village - Jan 11, 2012
- Over 1,500 delegates to attend Indian diaspora conclave in 2012 - Aug 26, 2011
- Gift of ancestral village soil awaits Trinidad PM - Jan 09, 2012
- Emotions flow as Trinidad's 'daughter PM' visits Bihar village (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Annual diaspora meet begins in Jaipur Saturday - Jan 05, 2012
- Trinidad PM left 'lifetime' of memories for ancestral village - Jan 12, 2012
- Trinidad and Tobago to tie up with Jaipur institute - Jan 09, 2012
Tags: attractive incentives, caribbean nation, chief guest, diversification, indian diaspora, indian entrepreneurs, indian investments, investors, kamla, latin american markets, market access, methanol, pbd, persad, pravasi bharatiya divas, prime minister of trinidad and tobago, trade agreements, trinidad and tobago, urea