Trinamool demands fare hike rollback (Lead)March 14th, 2012 - 5:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi/Kolkata, March 14 (IANS) The Trinamool Congress Wednesday opposed the rail fare hike announced Wednesday by Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi, who is from the same party, and sought a rollback.
“We oppose the rail fare hike. We want the government to roll it back. It is not in the interest of the common man,” Minister of State for Health Sudip Bandyopadhyay told NDTV.
Trinamool leader and Rajya Sabha MP Derek o’Brien tweeted that his party has issues over the railway budget.
“What was all that about increasing fares across the board? Upper class… maybe ok… but all? Sorry, cannot agree,” tweeted Derek.
Asked if he disagrees with the union minister, Derek replied: “Yes, our party has issues on content.”
Minister of State for Tourism Sultan Ahmed said: “As Sudip Bandopadhyay has already said, we will go by the party line.”
The fare increases are the first in almost a decade.
- Trinamool demands fare hike withdrawal (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Trinamool Congress demands fare hike roll-back - Mar 14, 2012
- Trinamool demands fare hike roll-back, hints at Congress hand (Third Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Dinesh Trivedi will be told when to go: Trinamool - Mar 15, 2012
- Trivedi proposes, but his own Trinamool opposes - Mar 14, 2012
- Mamata tells PM: Let Mukul Roy replace Trivedi - Mar 15, 2012
- Trivedi's rail fare hike rationale absurd: Trinamool MP - Mar 22, 2012
- Rollback of fares is PM's prerogative: Mamata - Mar 19, 2012
- No threat to UPA: Trinamool - Mar 15, 2012
- India's train fares to go up for first time in 10 years (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Dinesh Trivedi speaks to Mamata, to quit (Second Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- Rail budget row: Congress keeps options open, Trivedi set to go (Second Intro Roundup) - Mar 15, 2012
- Mamata gets Left support on rail fare rollback (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- PM regrets Trivedi's going; Mukul Roy to be sworn in Tuesday (Roundup) - Mar 19, 2012
- Fare hike has to be withdrawn: Mamata - Mar 14, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,