Trident to towel India with 300 storesApril 20th, 2008 - 6:03 pm ICT by admin
Chandigarh, April 20 (IANS) Punjab-based textiles major Trident Group Sunday unveiled its designs for the Indian retail market with the launch of its first lifestyle store here. The Rs.15 billion ($375 million) Trident Group, which had a successful run with its towels brand in retail markets in the US and Europe, also announced plans to open 30 retail stores within one year with an investment of Rs.200 million and to set up a chain of 300 lifestyle stores across the country within three years.
The new retail stores - Trident Homescapes - will initially sell the company’s towel brands and later will offer other home products from bed-sheets to imported designer glasses.
The first lifestyle store was opened here Sunday in the upscale Sector 9 with 2,500-square-feet of showroom space.
“We want to create a niche market in the Indian retail sector for towels and other home products. So far in India, the trend for buying towels like other clothes of various brands is not there,” Trident Group retail head Sugato Bose told IANS.
Towels of various varieties and textures meant for different segments - men, women and children - have been displayed at the new retail outlet here. The range includes bed and bath linen, home accessories and d
- Himatsingka to foray into Indian home fabric market - Nov 09, 2010
- Ekmatra redefines khadi, opens second outlet - Jan 06, 2012
- Punjab-based towel manufacturer commissions new unit - Jan 03, 2010
- 'Not enough tourists to appreciate fashion in Pakistan'(With Images) - Jun 22, 2011
- DLF Brands to open 10 lifestyle multi-brand retail stores - May 24, 2012
- Taj Khazana: Reviving rare but uniquely Indian art and craft (With Images) - Feb 26, 2012
- Eliminating middlemen, textile-man clothes north India - May 20, 2010
- Bharti Walmart planning more wholesale stores, Punjab is focus - Aug 06, 2010
- Pakistani textile brand to open 200 stores in India - Apr 14, 2012
- Punjab paper-maker gets certificate to operate in US - Aug 25, 2010
- Corporate backing must for fashion brands: Designers - Apr 04, 2012
- Jharkhand withdraws tax on blankets - Mar 15, 2011
- Versace Home opens first standalone store in capital - Jan 24, 2011
- Bloggers: Latest brand ambassadors to sell products - Apr 17, 2012
- Comments from India Inc. on foreign equity in retail trade - Nov 25, 2011
Tags: bath linen, bed sheets, designer glasses, homescapes, industrial hub, international quality products, jalandhar, lifestyle store, lifestyle stores, new retail stores, niche market, quality requirement, refined tastes, retail markets, retail outlet, retail sector, rs 200, s industrial, sector 9, showroom space