Travel Bangalore-Mysore on country’s longest busSeptember 4th, 2012 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Sep 4 (IANS) Karnataka Tuesday introduced the country’s longest bus, at 14.5 metres and including a pantry and toilet facilities, to ply the 130 km between the state capital and the city of palaces, Mysore.
Deputy Chief Minister and Transport Minister R. Ashoka launched the trial run of the multi-axle Volvo bus built at the Swedish firm’s manufacturing plant in Hoskote near Bangalore.
Ashoka said the Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) plans to operate this bus service between Bangalore and Chennai after the feedback from passengers on the service between Bangalore and Mysore.
Akash Passey, chairman of board of Volvo Buses in India, said the new bus was “a global introduction from India, and has been developed keeping in mind the evolving customer, passenger and driver needs in India”.
Though 14.5m long, the bus “offers almost the same manoeuverability as a typical coach”, he said.
- Volvo India wins order for 100 buses - Dec 06, 2010
- Volvo India buys out partner's stake in bus JV (Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Volvo to invest Rs.400 crore, set up research centre - Dec 29, 2011
- Millions stranded in Karnataka as bus strike continues - Sep 14, 2012
- Trial begins in Delhi of first CNG-powered Volvo city bus - Jun 03, 2011
- Collision hits train services on Bangalore-Chennai route - Sep 14, 2011
- Volvo to invest Rs. 400 crore to expand India operations - Oct 13, 2011
- Volvo India buys out partner in joint bus venture - Dec 06, 2010
- Bangalore bus travel costlier from Sunday - Jun 26, 2011
- Karnataka against Bangalore airport road toll - Apr 28, 2011
- Karnataka should create jobs than seek investments: India Inc - Mar 15, 2012
- Elders' day out, thanks to corporate care (Feature) - May 27, 2009
- Volvo introduces special edition Volvo Ocean Race Signature buses - Dec 12, 2008
- Bus strike hits life in Karnataka - Sep 13, 2012
- 11 infra firms eye transit centre project in Bangalore - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: 5m, ashoka, bangalore, bus service, chennai, city of palaces, deputy chief minister, global introduction, karnataka state road transport, karnataka state road transport corporation, ksrtc, manufacturing plant, mysore, pantry, swedish firm, toilet facilities, transport minister, volvo, volvo bus, volvo buses