Transformers and Rectifiers opens new plant in GujaratMay 29th, 2009 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, May 29 (IANS) Power transmission and distribution major Transformers and Rectifiers India Friday inaugurated its new facility for manufacturing and testing high capacity transformers at Moraiya near here.
The Moraiya unit is the company’s third facility in the Gujarat after its plants in Odhav and Changoder.
The Rs.100-crore new unit has the capability of manufacturing and testing 765 KV transformers, company chairman and managing director Jitendra Mamtora told reporters.
“We look at exciting possibilities in integrated power companies, transmission companies, distribution companies, large industrial power users, infrastructure companies and renewable energy suppliers to sell our products,” Mamtora said.
He said investment in the transmission and distribution industry would grow 100 percent in the next two decades.
“We see rapid strides to be made in India in the areas of power grid development to meet the increasing demand for equipment for power grid expansion and interconnection development,” Mamtora added.
- Areva T&D; signs pact with Power Grid Corporation - Jul 25, 2011
- Andhra, south India safe from grid disturbances - Jul 31, 2012
- Dikshit inaugurates 400 KV power sub-station in North West Delhi - Sep 30, 2010
- KEC International bags new orders worth Rs.1,416 crore - Apr 20, 2012
- ABB to invest Rs.250 crore on power products - Apr 23, 2012
- Areva T&D; restructuring to be over by early 2012 - Aug 06, 2011
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.1,366 crore-worth orders from Gulf - Jun 21, 2011
- Power will return by 7-7:30 p.m.: Power Grid - Jul 31, 2012
- Sterlite wins $160 mn power project for northeast - Feb 22, 2010
- Power trip hits seven states, millions suffer (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- China, Russia sign electrical cooperation deal - Jun 22, 2012
- Gujarat to have Asia's largest solar power park - Dec 30, 2010
- Jaypee's transmission line synchronized with Powergrid - Mar 06, 2012
- KEC International bags orders worth Rs.1,018 crore - Dec 27, 2010
- Finland's energy firm to expand business in India - Oct 06, 2011
Tags: 765 kv, ahmedabad, capability, company chairman, decades, distribution companies, distribution industry, grid development, gujarat, infrastructure companies, integrated power, managing director, possibilities, power grid, power transmission and distribution, power users, rapid strides, renewable energy suppliers, transformers, transmission companies