Transfer Punjab power plant to Himachal, demands DhumalJuly 13th, 2012 - 7:07 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 13 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal Friday demanded that a power house, located in his state but currently under the control of Punjab, should be transferred to the hill state.
Raising the issue at the Northern Zonal Council meeting here, which was presided over by union Home Minister P. Chidambaram, Dhumal said the demand to transfer Shanan power house located in Jogindernagar in Mandi district was a long-pending issue of the state.
He said an agreement for setting up the project came into effect between the government of Punjab and the erstwhile ruler of Mandi March 3, 1925.
“The central government, while issuing the notifications regarding apportionment of assets, rights and liabilities under the provisions of the Punjab Reorganization Act of 1966, had erroneously allocated the Shanan project to Punjab on May 1, 1967,” he said.
Demanding regular helicopter service in the state to ensure easy accessibility, especially in the snow-bound areas, the chief minister said the state had been requesting the central government for subsidising helicopter service in the state on the pattern of northeastern states.
He also raised the demand to hike the import duty on apple and designate apple as a ’special product’ to benefit the apple growers in the state.
On the demand for four-laning of the Parwanoo-Shimla highway, Chidambaram assured the state that the National Highway Authority would be asked to look into it on priority.
- On highway to Shimla? Be ready for rough ride - Aug 16, 2010
- Four-laning of Shimla-Pathankot highway gets nod - Sep 03, 2012
- India's first RFID technology toll comes up near Chandigarh - Apr 19, 2012
- Himachal road repair hastened ahead of apple harvest - Jun 03, 2012
- Centre okays four-laning of Himachal highway - Oct 02, 2009
- Eight suspected Taiwanese arrested in Himachal (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Eight Chinese nationals arrested in Himachal (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Nabard sanctions Rs.70 crore loan to Himachal - Jul 24, 2012
- Bilaspur-Leh rail link sent for Planning Commission nod - Dec 26, 2010
- Virbhadra accuses Dhumal of vindictiveness - Jul 01, 2012
- Kalka-Shimla national highway to be four-laned: Dhumal - Feb 17, 2009
- Himachal-Haryana bypass to be ready by December - Jul 07, 2011
- (HOLD) Eight Taiwanese released by Himachal court - Jun 19, 2012
- High ranking lama arrested in Delhi - Jun 15, 2012
- Incessant rains in Himachal, rivers in spate - Aug 21, 2012
Tags: apple growers, apportionment, central government, chandigarh, chief minister, government of punjab, helicopter service, import duty, laning, liabilities, may 1, northeastern states, notifications, p chidambaram, power house, power plant, reorganization act, ruler, shimla, union home minister