Trans Damodar Coal Mining Project inauguratedApril 13th, 2012 - 10:03 pm ICT by IANS
Bankura (West Bengal), April 13 (IANS) West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Friday inaugurated the Trans Damodar Coal Mining Project at Barjora in Bankura district.
Annual production of coal from the opencast portion of the coal block is targeted at one million tonnes per year and it may increase to 1.25 million tonnes in future.
“Coal extracted from Trans Damodar sector would be utilised for the benefit of the state and the construction of 330 acres of coal storage is also on the anvil,” Banerjee said on the occasion.
The coal block is one of the six coal blocks allocated by the coal ministry, under the State Dispensation Route, to the West Bengal Mineral Development and Trading Corporation Ltd (WBMDTC), a state government undertaking.
The coal exploited from the block will be sold to the coal using industries based in the state through e-auction mechanism. 12.5 percent of the coal will be sold exclusively to the coal using enterprises in micro and small sectors.
The mining activities are presently spread over 282 acres.
This is the first project under public private partnership (PPP) model involving the government of West Bengal for commercial mining of coal.
- Coal shortage cramps Shyam Steel expansion in Bengal - Sep 02, 2011
- 30 coal blocks start production out of 195 allocated - Aug 13, 2012
- Tusker kills man cycling to work - Feb 22, 2011
- Bengal drafting new IT policy - Aug 04, 2011
- Bengal minister to visit New Delhi over coal blocks allocation - Mar 06, 2012
- Coal shortfall hits steel production in Bengal - Oct 18, 2011
- Government allows NALCO to mine coal - Aug 21, 2011
- Coal India to invest Rs.40,000 crore in 12th Plan - Sep 12, 2012
- India's power situation grim, efforts on to ease crunch - Oct 14, 2011
- Reliance Power starts production at Sasan mines - Sep 03, 2012
- NTPC committed to go ahead with Bengal project - Jul 18, 2011
- Videocon mulls relocating Bengal power, steel projects - Oct 09, 2011
- Coal block auctioning to begin in two months: Jaiswal - Jun 08, 2012
- Coal shortage could hit hard power projects - Oct 09, 2011
- Coal India achieves near-target performance - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: anvil, auction, benefit, chief minister, coal mining, coal storage, corporation ltd, damodar, dispensation, government of west bengal, mamata banerjee, mineral development, mining project, one million, public private partnership, sectors, state government, tonnes