Traffic restrictions for R-day parade rehearsalJanuary 22nd, 2012 - 5:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 22 (IANS) The Delhi Traffic Police have placed restrictions on movement of vehicles in the capital Monday in view of the full dress rehearsal for the Republic Day parade.
According to the traffic advisory issued by the Delhi Police, the restrictions will be on place on the 8-km route of the parade, which starts from Vijay Chowk, passes through Rajpath, India Gate, Tilak Marg, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, and Netaji Subhash Marg to finish at Red Fort ground.
No traffic will be allowed to ply from Vijay Chowk to India Gate on Rajpath from 5 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. or cross Rajpath from 9.30 a.m. including Rafi Marg, Janpath, and Man Singh Road in central Delhi.
“From 10 a.m., traffic on Tilak Marg, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, and Netaji Subhash Marg will not be allowed in both directions. However, cross traffic will be allowed as per parade position. The route diversions will take place until about mid-day,” the advisory said.
The traffic police have advised motorists to plan their journey in advance and avoid the parade route from 9.30 a.m. to 12 noon.
“Tomorrow (Monday) being full dress rehearsal for Republic Day parade when parade goes right up to Red Fort, people should keep traffic arrangements in mind. There is no point in getting stuck in jam and then blaming police. People should take care of pitfalls,” Joint Commissioner of Police (Traffic) Satyendra Garg posted on traffic police’s Facebook page.
- R-Day Parade rehearsal hits traffic - Jan 23, 2012
- Delhiites ignored traffic advisories and suffered: Police - Jan 24, 2012
- Republic Day: Security beefed up, traffic diversions announced - Jan 21, 2011
- Republic Day rehearsals in Delhi from Monday - Jan 16, 2011
- Traffic advisory issued for CWG road events - Oct 08, 2010
- Traffic regulations for Saturday IPL match - Apr 22, 2011
- Traffic advisory for Delhi rally Wednesday - Dec 21, 2010
- Delhi Police gear up for New Year eve traffic - Dec 30, 2010
- Key Delhi roads shut for cycling event, no traffic jams - Oct 10, 2010
- Watch CWG events live and free of cost! (Lead) - Oct 08, 2010
- Metro construction picks up; traffic snarls expected - Apr 21, 2012
- R-Day route to be fortified - Jan 23, 2010
- Cycling shuts Delhi roads, some complain (Lead) - Oct 10, 2010
- Security to be tightened across Delhi for Republic Day - Jan 21, 2010
- Republic Day woes for Delhi commuters - Jan 21, 2010
Tags: bahadur shah zafar, central delhi, chowk, commissioner of police, dress rehearsal, facebook, full dress, india gate, man singh, netaji, noon tomorrow, police traffic, rafi marg, republic day, singh road, tilak marg, traffic advisory, traffic arrangements, traffic police, traffic restrictions