Traffic advisory issued near Karni Singh Shooting rangeOctober 4th, 2010 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 4 (IANS) Delhi Traffic Police have closed the Surajkund Road off the Karni Singh Shooting Range for the duration of the Commonwealth Games competitions Oct 5-13.
In an advisory issued Monday, the traffic police have asked those heading towards the Karni Singh Shooting Range and those travelling between Faridabad and Delhi to heed the restrictions being placed during the mega sporting event.
“To facilitate movement of Games related traffic and for security considerations, the Surajkund Road from Mehrauli-Badarpur Road T-point to the roundabout of the Surajkund Mela ground will remain closed for general traffic from 6 a.m. till the last event for the day,” the traffic police advisory.
The restrictions will remain effective Oct 5-13, the police said.
“People are advised to avoid Surajkund Road during these hours and take Pul Prahladpur and Mathura Road as alternative routes to travel between Faridabad and Delhi,” said Joint Commissioner (Traffic) Satyendra Garg.
The advisory has been issued due to traffic congestion expected on Ring Road from NH-24 Nizamuddin Bridge to Srinivaspuri flyover, Captain Gaur Marg, Outer Ring Road from Kalkaji Mandir and Modi flyover, Ma Anandmayee Marg and portions of Mehrauli-Badarpur Road.
The traffic police have requested spectators to use public transport instead of their personal vehicles while coming for the shooting competitions.
“A regular shuttle will ply between Nehru Place and the venue. As Metro service has already begun between Central Secretariat and Sarita Vihar, people can take the Metro till Nehru Place and from there can take a DTC (Delhi Transport Corporation) shuttle to the competition Venue,” the advisory said.
Spectators, who would be using the park-and-ride facility can park their vehicles at Surajkund Mela parking ground and take the shuttle frome there.
- Traffic advisory issued for CWG shooting events - Oct 04, 2010
- Trial on Games lane cancelled due to heavy rains (Lead) - Sep 13, 2010
- 'Park and Ride' or 'Park and Walk' to Games venues - Aug 29, 2010
- Vulnerable areas of Delhi prone to waterlogging (To go with Delhi waterlogging story) - Aug 24, 2010
- Delhi cop robbed of seized bike by traffic violator - Jun 14, 2012
- Delhi Traffic Police issues CWG advisory - Oct 01, 2010
- Traffic advisory issued for Games' closing ceremony - Oct 11, 2010
- Torrential downpour leaves Delhi in traffic snarls, chaos (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Heavy rain cause traffic snarls, water logging in Delhi - Aug 19, 2010
- More rain in Delhi spells chaos on city roads (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Traffic advisory for Delhi rally Wednesday - Dec 21, 2010
- Traffic regulations for Saturday IPL match - Apr 22, 2011
- Heavy downpour in Delhi, traffic hit (Second Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
- Chaos on roads as heavy rains lash Delhi - Aug 23, 2010
- Seven held for thefts in Delhi buses - Feb 03, 2011
Tags: central secretariat, commonwealth games, competition venue, dtc, faridabad, kalkaji, mandir, metro service, nehru place, nizamuddin, oct 5, personal vehicles, sarita vihar, security considerations, shooting range, surajkund mela, traffic advisory, traffic congestion, traffic police, transport corporation