‘Toys R Us’ To Hire In Holiday SeasonSeptember 29th, 2010 - 8:28 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Sep 29, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Toy manufacturers ‘Toys R Us’ is set to hire as many as 45000 new employees in the holiday season. The move is expected to boost the employment scenario in country. The company has revealed that is hiring more workers this season than the past few because of the 600 new stores in malls and shopping centers. The stores called Toys R Us Express already employ around 10,000 employees. The company will also employ people for its 9 distribution centers.
A spokesperson for the company said that they are proud to create so many work opportunities by doubling the work force in preparation for the holiday season. For all those looking to make money in the holiday season and also looking for full time jobs, the news comes as a pleasant surprise to many. Apart from this the seasonal hiring is also seen as an opportunity for full time employment in the toy company.
The existing workers in ‘Toys R Us’ will have the choice of working overtime in their own stores or any of the express stores during the holiday season. Another company which has recently announced a higher seasonal hiring this year is Macy’s which announced that it will hire 65,000 in the holiday season. In the past ‘Toys R Us’ have hired as many as 35,000 seasonal workers who have added to the 45,000 work force. The workers are employed in various positions which include managerial posts as well as sales persons. The company had recently announced that it plans to go public again and wants to raise as much as $800 million which makes it one of the largest IPOs in recent years.
- Toys R Us To Hire 45,000 This Holiday Season - Oct 02, 2010
- 'Toys R Us' is hiring 45,000 people for the upcoming holiday season - Sep 30, 2010
- Toys R Us Announces Its Holiday Hiring Plans For 2010 - Sep 29, 2010
- Black Friday 2010 Walmart Ads, & Other Sales - Nov 19, 2010
- Delhi shop and factory workers cry foul - Aug 14, 2011
- End of US shuttle programme to leave thousands out of work - Jul 08, 2011
- India says it is acting to resolve its workers' crisis in Angola - May 16, 2012
- Facebook's IPO will give birth to many millionaires - Dec 09, 2011
- 'Toys R Us' To Offer Free Shipping And Much More - Nov 26, 2010
- Black Friday 2010 ads leaked yet again - Nov 19, 2010
- Online orders surge after China spring holidays - Feb 04, 2012
- US private-sector added 325,000 jobs in December - Jan 06, 2012
- Most get paid holiday on poll day in Kerala - Apr 12, 2011
- New York unveils digital map to help job seekers - May 16, 2012
- Indian firms hiring workers in North America: Report (Lead) - May 23, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,