Toyota to recall vehicles for undercarriage rust issuesDecember 1st, 2009 - 12:32 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Nov 30 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Toyota was in the midst of a recall, which was affecting over 3.8 million vehicles, for a gas-pedal issue. Toyota had said that it would fix accelerator pedals on 3.8 million vehicles in the United States in order to prevent them from becoming stuck and leading to unintentional acceleration. But this was hardly over when some other trouble is also rocking their paradise. And the latest issue is undercarriage rust issue.
So Toyota was left with no alternative but to issue a recall on all 110,000 Tundra’s from model year 2000 through 2003, which were sold in cold weather states for potential undercarriage rust.
A statement from Toyota says that trucks in the District of Columbia along with the involved cold climate states with high road salt usage are: Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Vermont, Wisconsin, and West Virginia.
And customers with potential questions are asked to call the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-800-331-4331.
The eight models involved in the gas pedal issue are Camry 2007 to 2010 (model year), Avalon (2005-2010), Prius (2004-2009), Tacoma (2005-2010), Tundra (2007-2010), Lexus ES350 (2007-2010), Lexus IS250 (2006-2010), and Lexus IS350 (2006-2010).
Toyota also said that it would also install a brake override system onto the involved models “as an extra measure of confidence.” This particular information makes Toyota all the more wary of potential failures in their vehicles, which are being recalled again and again.
- Toyota recalls 3.8 million vehicles over gas-pedal issue - Nov 26, 2009
- Toyota September 2009 recall due to faulty floor-mat - Sep 30, 2009
- Toyota recalls 4 million vehicles over problematic floor-mat - Sep 30, 2009
- Is your Toyota car on the recall list? - Jan 29, 2010
- Toyota recalls 420,000 vehicles in the United States - Nov 10, 2011
- Toyota recalls over 300,000 vehicles to replace airbag sensor - Apr 22, 2011
- Toyota Suspends Sales And Productions Of Eight Models - Jan 27, 2010
- 270,000 Toyota Vehicles Recalled Fearing Faulty Engines - Jul 02, 2010
- Toyota to recall 13,000 cars in South Korea - Apr 06, 2010
- Volvo warns of unplanned acceleration in some cars - May 03, 2010
- Toyota recalls 2.3 million vehicles over accelerator pedal problems - Jan 22, 2010
- Toyota to recall Lexus LS460 over engine problem - Jul 01, 2010
- Toyota to recall over two mn vehicles in US - Feb 25, 2011
- Toyota recalls 91,903 Lexus and Crown vehicles - Jul 05, 2010
- Toyota recalls nearly 100,000 U.S. vehicles over braking concerns - Dec 14, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,