Toyota to launch Fortuner by SeptemberApril 8th, 2009 - 4:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 8 (IANS) Unperturbed by the financial crisis and a slump in sales, Japanese auto major Toyota Motor Wednesday announced that it will launch its high end sport utility vehicle (SUV) Fortuner in India by September this year.
Fortuner, which is currently available in Philippines and Malaysia, will be imported to India in completely knocked down (fully disassembled) condition and is expected to be sold at around Rs.20 lakh.
“Fortuner is an important addition to our product line-up in India and we are currently in the process of finalising details for the launch,” Sandeep Singh, deputy managing director (marketing) of Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM), said.
TKM is a joint venture between Toyota Motor and India’s Kirloskar group.
The car, the second SUV from Toyota’s stable after Land Cruiser, will be assembled at TKM’s plant in Bidadi near Banglore.
- Toyota launches Land Cruiser in India - Jun 09, 2009
- Toyata launches seventh generation Camry - Aug 24, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar's 2010 sales up 38 percent - Jan 01, 2011
- Karnataka gives tax sops to Toyota's second car plant - Jun 23, 2011
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor ships cars to South Africa - Apr 04, 2012
- Toyota investing Rs.500 cr for engine plant in India - Jul 06, 2010
- Toyota's August sales up 26 percent - Sep 04, 2010
- Renault to increase prices of Koleos - Dec 14, 2011
- Hyundai to increase car prices from January - Dec 07, 2011
- Virat Kohli is Toyota brand ambassador - Apr 05, 2012
- Toyota eyes 10 percent market share in India by 2015 - May 13, 2010
- Toyota launches sports utility vehicle Fortuner (Lead) - Aug 24, 2009
- Toyota forges ahead, Ford goes on the reverse in July - Aug 01, 2012
- Toyota to invest Rs.900 crore to raise production - Sep 06, 2012
- Toyota launches diesel version of Corolla Altis - Jul 21, 2010
Tags: banglore, director marketing, financial crisis, fortuner, India, japanese auto, joint venture, land cruiser, launch, managing director, New Delhi, philippines, slump, sport utility vehicle, stable, tkm, toyota, toyota kirloskar motor, toyota motor