Toyota to invest $500 mn in BrazilAugust 9th, 2012 - 1:37 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, Aug 9 (IANS) Japan’s automobile manufacturer Toyota has announced an investment of 1 billion reais ($500 million) to set up an engine factory in Brazil.
The announcement Wednesday was made by President and CEO Akio Toyoda of the auto company, Xinhua reported.
The new project, which will be located in Sao Paulo state, will create a total of 600 new jobs, and the locally made engines would also promote the level of local production of Corolla and Etios, two of Toyota’s car models.
“With almost all components made here, we can say that the Etios will be a Brazilian car, made for the Brazilians,” he said.
He also said that to install more components made in Brazil in Toyota-brand cars is a sign of the company’s “gratitude and cooperation” with the Brazilian society.
Akio Toyoda is in Brazil for the inauguration of a new Toyota plant, which is also in Sao Paulo state.
The plant, Toyota’s third in Brazil, will generate 1,700 direct jobs, with an anticipated production capacity of 70,000 cars annually. Toyota currently employs over 4,000 people in Brazil.
- Toyota Kirloskar to roll out more cars, components - Jul 27, 2011
- Toyota launches made for India sedan Etios - Dec 01, 2010
- GM may replace production-hit Toyota as No 1 automaker - Apr 23, 2011
- Toyota aims to sell 70,000 units of Etios models in 2011 - Dec 06, 2010
- Japan quake threatens Toyota's position as top car maker - Apr 23, 2011
- Toyota investing Rs.500 cr for engine plant in India - Jul 06, 2010
- Toyota to reduce production in India - Apr 22, 2011
- Toyota launches Etios sedan in India, hatchback to follow in April 2011 - Dec 01, 2010
- Five cities hold 25 percent of Brazil's national wealth - Dec 15, 2011
- Brazil revives bullet-train project - Aug 24, 2012
- Yen appreciation is a concern: Toyota Kirloskar - Jul 01, 2011
- Brazil looks to private sector to bolster infrastructure - Aug 16, 2012
- Toyota Recall: Corolla too falls prey to the recall bug - Feb 18, 2010
- Toyota launches new variants of Corolla Altis sedan - Jun 16, 2011
- Toyota Kirloskar to raise production by 60,000 units - Mar 16, 2011
Tags: 1 billion, akio toyoda, auto company, automobile manufacturer, brand cars, brazil rio, brazilian society, brazilians, car models, ceo, cooperation, corolla, gratitude, inauguration, new jobs, rio de janeiro, sao paulo state, toyota, toyota plant, xinhua