Toyota to expand capacity of plantJuly 6th, 2011 - 5:29 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 6 (IANS) Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited will expand the capacity of its second plant on the outskirts of Bangalore, investing a total of Rs.275 crore, a top executive of the company said Wednesday.
“We will expand the capacity of our second plant on the outskirts of Bangalore from the present 70,000 units to 120,000 units. The total investment for that will be Rs.275 crore. The expansion will be complete by second quarter of 2012,” Sailesh Shetty, vice president for sales, Toyota Kirloskar Motor, told reporters here on the occasion of launch of Etios Liva hatchback here.
The company’s first plant, also on the outskirts of Bangalore, has a total capacity of 90,000 units.
“The first plant is currently operating at full capacity,” Shetty said.
He said in the second plant they were producing Etios sedan and Etios Liva hatchback.
The company was eyeing at selling 60,000 Etios and Etios Liva cars this year, he added.
Stating that the company was facing no impact on its sales due to the recent petrol price hike in the country, Shetty said, “We have been able to sell what we are producing. Diesel version of Liva will be launched at the right time.”
The company, which now has 175 dealers, will add 25 more dealers this year, he added.
- Yen appreciation is a concern: Toyota Kirloskar - Jul 01, 2011
- Toyota aims to sell 70,000 units of Etios models in 2011 - Dec 06, 2010
- Karnataka gives tax sops to Toyota's second car plant - Jun 23, 2011
- Toyota Kirloskar to roll out more cars, components - Jul 27, 2011
- Toyota to reduce production in India - Apr 22, 2011
- Toyota to invest Rs.900 crore to raise production - Sep 06, 2012
- Toyota eyes 10 percent market share in India by 2015 - May 13, 2010
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor ships cars to South Africa - Apr 04, 2012
- Toyota launches hatchback car Etios Liva - Jun 27, 2011
- Toyota's December sales up 151 percent - Jan 01, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar logs 79 percent sales growth - Mar 01, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar's July sales up 99 percent - Aug 01, 2011
- Toyota Kirloskar defers Liva launch - Mar 04, 2011
- Toyota's second production unit in India to be ready by Dec - Aug 29, 2010
- Toyota Kirloskar's 2010 sales up 38 percent - Jan 01, 2011