Toyota recalls 420000 vehicles over steering issueNovember 10th, 2011 - 12:28 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Nov 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Toyota has announced the recall of about 420,000 vehicles because of steering problems. The giant automaker said they are recalling 550,000 vehicles around the world because of the problem.
The affected brands are V-6 and Lexus (four cylinder models of the brand are not affected by the recall). The Japanese firm said motorists in the United States will start receiving their letters of notification from the start of 2012.
In the breakdown of the recall which was published by the Associated Press, 447,000 of the vehicles will be withdrawn from the North American market (USA and Canada). 38,000 affected vehicles will come from Japan while 25,000 of the vehicles will come from Australia and New Zealand.
Europe has 14,000 of the recalled vehicles with the Middle East accounting for 10,000. Other countries in Asia without Japan will return 14,000 of the cars.
Toyota in recent years has recalled more than 14 million vehicles because of safety issues. The company’s production was severely affected early in the year when the devastating tsunami struck the coast of Japan. The company recently announced that their quarterly profit was massively affected by the disaster.
Toyota reported $1 billion profit in the last quarter.
- Toyota recalls 1.7m cars because of fuel-leakage issue - Jan 26, 2011
- Toyota recalls 420,000 cars in US - Nov 10, 2011
- GM may replace production-hit Toyota as No 1 automaker - Apr 23, 2011
- Toyota all set to recall 412,000 Avalon cars because of a steering issue - Jul 29, 2010
- Toyota recalls more than 680000 vehicles over safety concerns - Mar 08, 2012
- Toyota recalls 420,000 vehicles in the United States - Nov 10, 2011
- Toyota announces global recall of nearly 1.7 million vehicles following fuel leakage problems - Jan 26, 2011
- Toyota to recall 43,000 cars in China - Dec 25, 2009
- Toyota recalls 400,000 cars in US - Jul 29, 2010
- Toyota recalls over 300,000 vehicles to replace airbag sensor - Apr 22, 2011
- Toyota To Recall Priuses? - Feb 05, 2010
- General Motors recalls more than 50,000 Cadillac SRX - Jun 10, 2011
- Toyota recalls 91,903 Lexus and Crown vehicles - Jul 05, 2010
- Toyota fixing leaky hoses in over 1.6 mn vehicles - Mar 02, 2010
- Toyota to recall over 300,000 SUVs in US - Apr 22, 2011
Tags: 1 billion, accounting, australia and new zealand, automaker, cars, countries in asia, cylinder models, devastating tsunami, disaster, europe, japan, japanese firm, last quarter, lexus, million vehicles, motorists, quarterly profit, safety issues, toyota, tsunami