Toyota launches Land Cruiser in IndiaJune 9th, 2009 - 9:06 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 9 (IANS) Auto major Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) Tuesday launched its eighth generation Land Cruiser sports utility vehicle (SUV) in the Indian market, priced in the range of Rs.81.64 lakh and Rs.83.1 lakh, almost double the present price.
TKM is an 89:11 joint venture between Japan’s Toyota Motor Corp and India’s Kirloskar group.
The new SUV comes equipped with four-wheel drive, the company said in a statement.
“In spite of the recent slowdown, the premium SUV segment has witnessed a growth, driven largely by the introduction of new models,” TKM deputy managing director (marketing) Sandeep Singh said.
Currently TKM sells its stripped-down SUV, Land Cruiser Prado, in the Indian market at Rs.40 lakh.
While the new vehicle will be imported as a completely built unit (CBU), TKM currently manufactures its Corrola Altis and Innova models at its facility near Bangalore.
- Budget impact: Toyota Kirloskar to increase prices - Mar 16, 2012
- Toyota launches diesel version of Corolla Altis - Jul 21, 2010
- Toyota's August sales up 84 percent - Sep 01, 2011
- Toyota launches diesel variant of Liva and Etios Liva - Sep 09, 2011
- Toyota to invest Rs.900 crore to raise production - Sep 06, 2012
- Toyata launches seventh generation Camry - Aug 24, 2012
- Karnataka gives tax sops to Toyota's second car plant - Jun 23, 2011
- Toyota's second production unit in India to be ready by Dec - Aug 29, 2010
- Renault to increase prices of Koleos - Dec 14, 2011
- Toyota aims to sell 70,000 units of Etios models in 2011 - Dec 06, 2010
- Toyota investing Rs.500 cr for engine plant in India - Jul 06, 2010
- Toyota's March sales up 41 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Toyota forges ahead, Ford goes on the reverse in July - Aug 01, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar's July sales up 99 percent - Aug 01, 2011
- Toyota launches third generation Prius with new features - Jan 07, 2012
Tags: altis, director marketing, eighth generation, four wheel drive, innova, joint venture, lakh, land cruiser, land cruiser prado, managing director, mumbai, rs 40, sandeep singh, slowdown, spite, sports utility vehicle, tkm, toyota kirloskar motors, toyota motor, toyota motor corp