Toyota launches diesel version of Corolla AltisJuly 21st, 2010 - 8:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 21 (IANS) Japanese automobile major Toyota Wednesday launched the diesel variant of its luxury sedan Corolla Altis, priced between Rs.10,95,000 lakh to Rs.13,75,000 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
“As part of our long-term commitment to bring the best of Toyota’s technology to India, we are very proud to introduce the Corolla Altis Diesel,” said Hiroshi Nakagawa, managing director, Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM).
The fuel efficiency of the car is the best in its segment at 21.43 km a litre thanks to its newly developed 1.4 litre, four-cylinder D-4D common rail diesel engine and six-speed manual transmission for lesser gear shift, leading to better fuel efficiency.
“Corolla Altis diesel has Toyota’s proven D-4D technology, and I am happy to say it will have the best fuel efficiency in its segment”,” Nakagawa added.
The c-segment diesel sedan also includes a sporty mesh grille, better aerodynamic characteristics, and the best ground clearance in its segment.
“Our target customers are individuals who are business professionals, in the 35 to 45 age group looking for a perfect balance of performance and economy,” said Sandeep Singh, deputy managing director, marketing, TKM.
The tenth generation Corolla Altis was launched in September, 2008. The new diesel variant uses the same D-4D technology which is also used in its cars namely Innova, Fortuner, Prado and Land Cruiser 200.
- Toyota launches diesel variant of Liva and Etios Liva - Sep 09, 2011
- Toyota launches new variants of Corolla Altis sedan - Jun 16, 2011
- Toyata launches seventh generation Camry - Aug 24, 2012
- Toyota luanches limited edition Corolla - Jun 05, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki launches SX4's diesel variant - Feb 22, 2011
- Renault launches Scala sedan - Sep 07, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor ships cars to South Africa - Apr 04, 2012
- Toyota launches made for India sedan Etios - Dec 01, 2010
- Renault unveils new variant of Fluence sedan - Apr 03, 2012
- Toyota to roll out compact car Etios early 2011 - Jun 04, 2010
- Toyota Kirloskar to raise production by 60,000 units - Mar 16, 2011
- Karnataka gives tax sops to Toyota's second car plant - Jun 23, 2011
- Toyota's August sales up 84 percent - Sep 01, 2011
- BMW launches sports utility vehicle X1 - Dec 23, 2010
- Budget impact: Toyota Kirloskar to increase prices - Mar 16, 2012
Tags: 4d technology, aerodynamic characteristics, best fuel efficiency, better fuel efficiency, common rail diesel, common rail diesel engine, corolla altis, diesel version, director marketing, fortuner, gear shift, ground clearance, hiroshi nakagawa, japanese automobile, lakh, mesh grille, sandeep singh, target customers, tenth generation, toyota kirloskar motor