Toyota Kirloskar logs 87 percent sales growth in MarchApril 2nd, 2012 - 12:17 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 1 (IANS) Indo-Japanese car venture Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt Ltd closed March with sales of 18,220 units, logging a growth of 87 percent over the comparable period the previous year.
In a statement issued Sunday, the company said it sold 18,220 units as compared to 9,726 units sold in March last year.
The company’s Etios model registered a 57 percent growth with the highest ever monthly sales of 5,104 units as compared to 3,257 units sold in March last year.
The Etios Liva model also registered its highest-ever monthly sales with 4,034 units in the month of March 2012.
According to the company, its new Innova sold 6,765 units last month as compared to 4,418 units sold in March last year.
The new Fortuner sold 1,379 units as compared to 980 units in the corresponding month last year. The Corolla Altis sold 917 units.
The company sold 14,538 units of Etios model cars during the first quarter of the current fiscal up form 7,694 units sold in the last quarter.
“Etios continues to register high sales and has registered good growth in the first quarter setting a good pace for this year. The new Innova and the new Fortuner also continue to clock in high sales.
The company might have registered 85 percent growth in March but the demand in April “could be impacted by the increase in excise duty, registration tax and VAT (value added tax),” deputy managing director (Marketing) Sandeep Singh said in the statement.
- Toyota's March sales up 41 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Toyota Kirloskar logs 79 percent sales growth - Mar 01, 2012
- Toyota forges ahead, Ford goes on the reverse in July - Aug 01, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar, Nissan Motor India sales up in May - Jun 01, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar logs 49 percent sales growth - May 01, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar logs 22 percent sales growth - Jul 01, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar closes August with 20 percent sales growth - Sep 01, 2012
- Toyota's August sales up 84 percent - Sep 01, 2011
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar's July sales up 99 percent - Aug 01, 2011
- Auto industry posts good sales despite bleak sentiment (Roundup) - Oct 01, 2011
- Strike, interest rates dampen automobile sales - Nov 01, 2011
- Yen appreciation is a concern: Toyota Kirloskar - Jul 01, 2011
- Auto sales stay on pace in April (Roundup) - May 01, 2012
- Interest rates, fuel hikes dampen automobile sales in June (Roundup) - Jul 01, 2011
Tags: chennai, comparable period, corolla, corolla altis, director marketing, excise duty, first quarter, fortuner, indo, innova, japanese car, last quarter, managing director, model cars, month of march, previous year, pvt ltd, registration tax, sandeep singh, toyota kirloskar motor