Toyota Kirloskar logs 22 percent sales growthJuly 1st, 2012 - 5:03 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 1 (IANS) Japanese-Indian car joint venture Toyota Kirloskar Motor closed last month with 22 percent sales growth as compared to June 2011.
The company said in a statement that it sold 14,700 units in June 2012, up from 12,034 a year earlier.
“We have registered a growth based on the strength of Etios, Innova and Fortuner sales. The Corolla Altis segment continues to be sluggish.
“We are relieved by the recent rollback of the fuel price, however we don’t see the market sentiments improving considerably with the other factors at play,” said Sandeep Singh, deputy managing director.
Etios series sold 6,155 units as compared to 5,739 in the corresponding month last year.
Sales of Innova went up by 45 percent to 6,785 units and that of Rortuner by 26 percent to 1,249 units last month as compared to June 2011. Corolla Altis sold 505 units last month.
- Toyota Kirloskar logs 49 percent sales growth - May 01, 2012
- Toyota forges ahead, Ford goes on the reverse in July - Aug 01, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar, Nissan Motor India sales up in May - Jun 01, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar closes August with 20 percent sales growth - Sep 01, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar logs 79 percent sales growth - Mar 01, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar's July sales up 99 percent - Aug 01, 2011
- Toyota Kirloskar logs 87 percent sales growth in March - Apr 02, 2012
- Toyota's August sales up 84 percent - Sep 01, 2011
- Interest rates, fuel hikes dampen automobile sales in June (Roundup) - Jul 01, 2011
- Toyota's December sales up 151 percent - Jan 01, 2012
- Toyota's March sales up 41 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Yen appreciation is a concern: Toyota Kirloskar - Jul 01, 2011
- Budget impact: Toyota Kirloskar to increase prices - Mar 16, 2012
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Strike, interest rates dampen automobile sales - Nov 01, 2011