Toyota Innova, Corolla to cost moreDecember 24th, 2008 - 8:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 24 (IANS) Toyota’s Innova and Corolla Altis models will be costlier by up to Rs.25,000 next month, the Japanese auto major said Wednesday. A company statement said the price hike decision was taken due to increase in cost, thanks to the rising dollar exchange rate.
“Due to circumstances beyond our control, such as the increase in the rupee/dollar exchange rate by 20 percent in the last three months, we have been forced to increase the price of our vehicles,” said Sandeep Singh, deputy managing director of Toyota Kirloskar Motors (marketing division).
The Toyota Innvoa will be costlier by Rs.10,000-25,000 starting Jan 1, while Corolla will cost Rs.16,000-25,000 more.
“Despite the recent reduction in Cenvat (central value-added tax), where Toyota had reduced prices, passing on the excise duty benefits of 4 percent reduction entirely to customers, the current increase is inevitable,” he added.
Toyota reduced the prices of all its models Dec 8 following the tax cut announced by the government Dec 7 as part of a fiscal stimulus package.
Following the price cut, the high-end version of Innova became cheaper by Rs.32,780, while the price of the Corolla Altis was slashed by Rs.40,750.
- Budget impact: Toyota Kirloskar to increase prices - Mar 16, 2012
- Karnataka gives tax sops to Toyota's second car plant - Jun 23, 2011
- Toyota raises prices by 1.50 percent - Sep 30, 2010
- Toyota luanches limited edition Corolla - Jun 05, 2012
- Toyota launches diesel version of Corolla Altis - Jul 21, 2010
- Toyota Kirloskar to roll out more cars, components - Jul 27, 2011
- Toyota Kirloskar to raise production by 60,000 units - Mar 16, 2011
- Toyota's December sales up 151 percent - Jan 01, 2012
- Toyota forges ahead, Ford goes on the reverse in July - Aug 01, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar logs 22 percent sales growth - Jul 01, 2012
- Toyota's March sales up 41 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Toyota Kirloskar, Nissan Motor India sales up in May - Jun 01, 2012
- Toyota's August sales up 84 percent - Sep 01, 2011
- Toyota Kirloskar closes August with 20 percent sales growth - Sep 01, 2012
- Toyota to reduce production in India - Apr 22, 2011