Toyata launches seventh generation CamryAugust 24th, 2012 - 6:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 24 (IANS) Automobile major Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) Friday launched the seventh generation of its luxury sedan Camry, priced at Rs.23.80 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The car, which was being imported as a complete built unit (CBU), will now be assembled at the company’s second plant located near Bidadi in Karnataka.
“The new Camry is currently being manufactured in 10 plants across the globle and TKM will be the 11th one. The local production of new Camry of global standards will mark an important milestone in the history of TKM,” said Hiroshi Nakagawa, managing director, TKM.
The new vehicle is powered by a 2.5 litre petrol dual VVT-i engine that can generate a maximum power of 181PS at the rate of 6,000 rpm. The engine is coupled with a six-speed automatic transmission with sequential shift feature.
- Toyota launches new variants of Corolla Altis sedan - Jun 16, 2011
- Toyota launches diesel version of Corolla Altis - Jul 21, 2010
- Toyota launches diesel variant of Liva and Etios Liva - Sep 09, 2011
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor ships cars to South Africa - Apr 04, 2012
- Toyota investing Rs.500 cr for engine plant in India - Jul 06, 2010
- Toyota launches made for India sedan Etios - Dec 01, 2010
- General Motors launches new Cruze model - Jun 27, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki launches premium sedan Kizashi - Feb 02, 2011
- Toyota to roll out compact car Etios early 2011 - Jun 04, 2010
- Renault launches SUV Koleos in India - Sep 08, 2011
- Nissan launches mid-size sedan Sunny - Sep 20, 2011
- Toyota launches sports utility vehicle Fortuner (Lead) - Aug 24, 2009
- Karnataka gives tax sops to Toyota's second car plant - Jun 23, 2011
- Toyota launches third generation Prius with new features - Jan 07, 2012
- Toyota luanches limited edition Corolla - Jun 05, 2012
Tags: automatic transmission, automobile, camry, global standards, globle, hiroshi nakagawa, managing director, maximum power, milestone, new camry, New Delhi, plants, rpm, seventh generation, tkm, toyota, toyota kirloskar motor, vvt