Toshiba deep in red Q3, tumble throughout this yearJanuary 29th, 2009 - 3:47 pm ICT by Bupha Ravirot
The Tokyo-based electronics company, Toshiba Corp unveiled Thursday, Jan 29 that itself has already sank “deeply in the red” in third quarter and most probably will suffer loss for the full year as the global economic crisis sinks sales of digital products and home appliances.
Regarding the company’s statement posted over internet, Toshiba Corp has lost 121 billion yen ($1.36 billion) for the October-December quarter, falling from 80.5 billion yen profit it booked in the same period the year before.
Toshiba also revealed that an operating loss of 158 billion yen ($1.78 billion) from a 42.1 billion yen operating profit a year earlier, with sales declining 79 percent to 1.49 trillion yen ($16.72 billion).
This tumble is said to be caused by “global financial crisis that accelerated since September.”
Slumping personal consumption such as electronic devices division, digital products and home appliances divisions and slowing housing construction hit Toshiba’s lighting division.
Toshiba is now expecting a net loss of 280 billion yen ($3.15 billion) for the current fiscal year through March, radically revising an earlier projection for a net profit of 70 billion yen.
The company also slashed its sales projection to 6.7 trillion yen ($75.3 billion) from 7.7 trillion yen.
Toshiba’s financial results are based on U.S.
- Honda Motor quarterly net profit surges - Jul 31, 2012
- Japan's Panasonic projects wider loss for current fiscal - Feb 03, 2012
- Samsung Electronics' operating profit grows 13 percent in Q3 - Oct 28, 2011
- Panasonic returns to profit in first quarter - Jul 29, 2010
- Sony forecasts wider loss for fiscal 2011 - Feb 02, 2012
- Samsung Electronics expects record operating profit - Jul 06, 2012
- Suzuki profits up for full year - May 10, 2010
- Chinese banks post record profits - Feb 19, 2012
- Sony announces $3.1 billion annual loss - May 27, 2011
- Honda Japan's nine-month net profit plummets 71 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- LG Electronics' earnings turns into red in Q3 - Oct 26, 2011
- Mazda plans $1.25 bn capital increase - Feb 21, 2012
- Samsung Electronics posts operating profit - Jul 27, 2012
- Toshiba logs first operating loss in 7 years - Jan 29, 2009
- LG Electronics posts $394 mn operating profit - Apr 25, 2012
Tags: 1 billion, current fiscal year, electronic devices division, electronics company, global economic crisis, global financial crisis, home appliances, housing construction, jan 29, lighting division, net profit, operating profit, personal consumption, q3, tokyo, toshiba, toshiba corp, trillion, yen