Top US media and entertainment firms to join FICCI FramesFebruary 13th, 2009 - 1:08 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, Feb 13 (IANS) Top US media and entertainment companies, as well as important industry icons, have joined a high-level executive mission to the 10th Anniversary FICCI Frames Conference in Mumbai next week.
The US delegation will include actor Danny Glover, Don Whiteside of Intel, Jacqueline Celeste Lundquist, fashion designer and wife of former US Ambassador Richard Celeste and Academy Award Nominee Joslyn Barnes.
The US is serving as the Partner Country for the largest and most important media and entertainment conference in Asia.
“The Frames Conference will provide a unique opportunity to further strengthen the growing ties between the American and Indian media and entertainment sectors,” noted Ron Somers, president of US-India Business Council (USIBC).
“In spite of the global economic downturn, this past year has been marked by outstanding new achievements in media and entertainment. As exemplified by ‘Slumdog Millionaire’, collaboration has made this a banner year for US-India cooperation.”
But an important theme of this year’s Frames conference is that the “best is yet to come” if both countries work together to address shared challenges and create new and meaningful opportunities, USIBC noted.
The governments and private sectors of both countries must work cooperatively to develop and implement policies that unleash entrepreneurship, said the trade association representing 300 of the largest US companies investing in India and global Indian companies.
“This means protecting intellectual property, tearing down barriers to trade and investment, and creating a business environment that encourages international collaboration and nurtures creativity.”
The Executive Mission will participate in the Feb 17-19 Frames Conference in Mumbai and then travel to New Delhi for high-level meetings with Government of India officials.
- US-India trade group pushes for BIT - Jun 26, 2012
- Corporate America seeks a bold India budget - Mar 14, 2012
- US trade group sends life sciences mission to India - Jan 31, 2012
- US-India trade group vows to strengthen business ties - Sep 15, 2011
- Corporate America seeks reforms, says budget not game-changing - Mar 17, 2012
- US investors keen to fund India's digital transformation - Dec 09, 2011
- Anand Mahindra gets global leadership award - Jun 13, 2012
- Obama visit to highlight trade ties: US group - Oct 06, 2010
- US-India business summit sees huge potential (Lead, changing dateline) - Apr 29, 2012
- Huge potential seen in US-India business ties - Apr 29, 2012
- US trade body hails India's $4 bn Boeing order - Jun 07, 2011
- US India trade group seeks investment treaty - Sep 22, 2011
- India needs to make 'tough choices': Ajay Banga - Apr 24, 2012
- US-India Business Council to focus on biotechnology - Sep 10, 2010
- MasterCard's Ajay Banga to head USIBC - Apr 16, 2012
Tags: 10th anniversary, academy award nominee, actor danny glover, banner year, barriers to trade, economic downturn, entertainment conference, fashion designer, government of india, india business, industry icons, international collaboration, investing in india, level executive, level meetings, meaningful opportunities, partner country, private sectors, protecting intellectual property, richard celeste