Top designers part of India’s first men’s fashion weekAugust 20th, 2009 - 3:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 20 (IANS) India’s first exclusive men’s fashion week is all set to dazzle here next month with an impressive list of designers like J.J. Valaya, Rajesh Pratap Singh, Rina Dhaka, Rohit Bal and Tarun Tahiliani.
The Van Heusen India Men’s Week (VHIMW), a business-to-business event, would be a one-stop-show for men’s wear, accessories and will take place at the Grand Hotel in Vasant Kunj from Sep 11-13.
In all, 28 designers are participating in VHIMW. Only 15 designers will showcase their collection on ramp while others will exhibit their men’s wear and accessories in stalls.
Event organiser Fashion Design Council of India’s (FDCI) president Sunil Sethi said: “Designers are the core of the fashion industry and play an important role in shaping fashion trends in India. I wish all the participating designers the very best as they gear up to participate at this event.”
FDCI has signed a three-year contract with fashion brand Van Heusen for the event.
“We are committed to building a strong bridge between Indian designers and a legion of brand conscious consumers. We believe that VHIMW will position the brand clearly in the men’s fashion space,” Van Heusen COO Shital Mehta said in a statement here Thursday.
The other designers who are participating in this three-day event are Ashish Soni, Nitin Bal Chauhan, Rocky S., Abraham & Thakore, Aslam Khan, Fightercock by Abhishek Gupta & Nandita Basu, Gaurav Gupta, designer duo-Gunjan and Rahul, Kotwara by Meera & Muzaffar Ali, Manoviraj Khosla, Narendra Kumar Ahmed, Priyadarshini Rao, Rajvi Mohan, Ravi Bajaj, Rohit Gandhi & Rahul Khanna, Samant Chauhan, Shantanu & Nikhil, Siddartha Tytle, Vijay Arora and Zubair Kirmani.
- 17 brands to participate in India Mens Week - Aug 21, 2011
- Celebrities? Who knows? But trends for sure at men's week (Curtainraiser) - Sep 01, 2011
- 17 designers to showcase couture at men's fashion week - Aug 07, 2010
- Rohit Bal to showcase at Men's week finale - Aug 12, 2010
- Diminish boundaries, generate business: Men's fashion week's motto - Aug 26, 2010
- Van Heusen's men's week to start Sep 2 - Jul 14, 2011
- Van Heusen launches couture line - Apr 24, 2010
- It'll rain celebrities, cricketers at men's fashion week - Sep 09, 2009
- Three designers to present grand finale of men's fashion week - Aug 29, 2009
- 15 shows, 40 exhibitors at India's first men's fashion week - Jul 29, 2009
- Van Heusen India Men's Fashion Week's set for August - Jul 06, 2010
- FDCI forms new board, Sethi remains president - Mar 01, 2011
- Men's week high on fashion, low on glamour (Review) - Aug 30, 2010
- Focus on brand building at mens week (Review) - Sep 05, 2011
- Manish Malhotra may participate in men's fashion week - Jul 26, 2011
Tags: abhishek gupta, bal chauhan, fashion design council of india, fdci, gaurav gupta, indian designers, j j valaya, kirmani, muzaffar ali, nandita basu, narendra kumar, rajesh pratap singh, ravi bajaj, rina dhaka, rohit bal, samant chauhan, space van, sunil sethi, tarun tahiliani, vijay arora