Toonz ties up with Ireland firmJune 18th, 2009 - 4:45 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, June 18 (IANS) Kerala-based animation content provider Toonz Animation India has tied up with Ireland’s Telegael group to finance, develop and co-produce animation programmes for global distribution, the company said Thursday.
The two firms had earlier worked together to produce the popular Freefonix animation series for BBC, which is now being marketed internationally.
“We aim to mutually leverage our competencies in our core domains. To start with, we are looking at the production of a spate of television series with a combined investment of around $30 million,” P. Jayakumar, chief executive of Toonz Animation, said in a release.
Telegael chief executive Paul Cummins welcomed the strategic partnership saying it “will enable us to exploit obvious synergies which exist between our two companies and enable us to produce world-class animation content for a global audience.”
Toonz is part of the Geneva-based international business conglomerate Comcraft Group. Founded in 1999, Toonz’s client list includes the biggest names in media and entertainment like Marvel, Hallmark, Paramount, Disney, BBC and Cartoon Network.
The company employs 500 professionals in its animation in Technopark here.
- Toonz, Argentine firm to co-produce animated feature film - May 20, 2009
- Toonz celebrates double win at FICCI awards - Mar 28, 2011
- Toonz starts Canadian operations - Nov 23, 2010
- Toonz, Marvel tie up for second part of X-Men series - Dec 02, 2008
- Kerala firm to co-produce animated TV series - Apr 01, 2009
- Toonz to give life to Chandamama story - Oct 30, 2008
- Amitabh Bachchan, Priyardarshan join hands with Toonz - Oct 30, 2009
- Toonz celebrates World Animation Day - Oct 28, 2008
- Universal Studio acquires distribution rights of 'Mostly Ghostly' - May 28, 2008
- Toonz Academy ties up with Anna University - Jul 09, 2009
- Japan's Ylem Infotech starts Indian operations - May 31, 2011
- Toonz teams up with US firms to produce film on Santa Claus - Nov 12, 2008
- 'Return of Hanuman' wins awards - Mar 28, 2008
- Toonz to animate tales of Lord Shiva - Jul 08, 2008
- Infosys to set up second campus in Thiruvananthapuram - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: 30 million, animation series, bbc, business conglomerate, cartoon network, chief executive, competencies, content provider, core domains, global audience, global distribution, hallmark, international business, paramount, paul cummins, spate, strategic partnership, synergies, technopark, television series