To Kill a Mocking Bird voted Greatest Novel of All TimeJune 17th, 2008 - 11:39 am ICT by ANI
London, June 17 (ANI): Harper Lees 1960 epic To Kill a Mocking Bird has been voted the Greatest Novel of All Time.
The tome, which sold 30 million copies, is about a white lawyer who risks his career to defend a black man.
Coming in at second place in the poll by www.play.com was JRR Tolkiens Lord of the Rings, reports The Sun.
Voters judged CS Lewis first Narnia book The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe their third favourite book.
Nineteenth century author Jane Austen took fourth place on the list with her evergreen classic Pride and Prejudice.
The top five was rounded off by author Dan Browns The Da Vinci Code.
The list for the top ten Greatest Novel of All Time is:
1. To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
2. Lord of the Rings (JRR Tolkien)
3. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (CS Lewis)
4. Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)
5. The Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown)
6. Wuthering Heights (Emily Bronte)
7. Animal Farm (George Orwell)
8. Great Expectations (Charles Dickens)
9. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (JK Rowling)
10. Lord of the Flies (William Golding) (ANI)
Tags: animal farm george orwell, author jane austen, charles dickens, cs lewis, da vinci code, george orwell, great expectations charles dickens, harry potter and the prisoner, harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban, jk rowling, jrr tolkien, jrr tolkiens, lion the witch and the wardrobe, lord of the flies, lord of the flies william golding, pride and prejudice, pride and prejudice jane austen, to kill a mockingbird, william golding, witch and the wardrobe