Titan to double market share in jewellery business in 5 yearsDecember 15th, 2011 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 15 (IANS) Tata group company Titan Industries is eyeing to double its market share of five percent in jewellery business in the next five years, a top company official said Thursday.
Titan’s jewellery division owns the Tanishq, GoldPlus and Zoya brands.Tanishq pioneered the concept of branded jewellery and ornaments in India.
“In spite of being the largest brand, we have a market share of just five percent. We hope to double it by the next five years,” said C.K. Venkatraman, chief operating officer of the division.
Venkatraman was in the city to launch the company’s 133rd showroom in the country. He said a number of showrooms would come up across India by the end of the next fiscal.
“In the current fiscal we had targeted 1.25 lakh square feet of store space in the country and we have achieved more than 70 percent of the targeted space. For the next fiscal, we have similar target, if not less. We also look to consolidate and spread our presence beyond the current 78 cities,” he said.
Venkatraman said in the past six weeks business had been “very dull” and volatility in gold prices had affected it, but the company would achieve its targeted turnover of Rs.7,000 crore by the end of this fiscal.
“Business in the Diwali period was exceptional which has largely mitigated the current very dull phase. We are on course of achieving our target of Rs.7,000 crore by the year end.”
- Titan to gold plate a Nano, expand jewellery chain - Nov 10, 2010
- Titan eyes 7-8 percent jewellery market share by 2015 - Jun 02, 2010
- A Nano car worth Rs.22 crore - Sep 19, 2011
- Tanishq to be merged with Titan Industries - Mar 05, 2011
- Jewellers criticise hike in import duty on gold - Mar 16, 2012
- Panasonic India eyes Rs.25,000 crore turnover by 2015 - Jun 25, 2012
- India to share 10 percent of Forevermark global sales - Jul 21, 2012
- Electrolux licences Morf India to market Kelvinator purifiers - Jun 04, 2012
- Now gold coins in honour of M.S. Subbulakshmi (With Image) - Apr 26, 2012
- Mahindra First Choice eyeing 55 percent more sales in east India - Nov 10, 2011
- Titan Industries expects 25 percent growth in watches sales - Mar 03, 2010
- Fiat to open 80 standalone dealerships by year-end - Sep 19, 2012
- Malabar Gold group to diversify into retailing of lifestyle products - Mar 30, 2012
- High prices behind weak demand for diamonds this V-Day - Feb 13, 2012
- Gold traders on Akshaya Tritiya high - Apr 23, 2012
Tags: 133rd, chief operating officer, crore, diwali, gold prices, group company, market share, next five years, ornaments, showrooms, six weeks, square feet, store space, tanishq, target, tata group, titan industries, volatility, year end, zoya