Titan Industries’ net profit up 60 percentApril 25th, 2008 - 9:50 pm ICT by admin
Bangalore, April 25 (IANS) India’s leading watch maker Titan Industries Ltd posted net profit of Rs.1.5 billion ($37.5 million) for 2007-08 against Rs.940 million of the previous fiscal, posting a year-on-year (YoY) growth of 60 percent, the company said here Friday. The total sales for the year under review grew by 42 percent YoY to Rs.30.41 billion from Rs.21.36 billion of 2006-07. The profit before tax (PBT) jumped by 54 percent YoY to Rs.2.02 billion from Rs.1.32 billion.
“Sales of watch segment increased by 17 percent to Rs.9.19 billion, while jewellery sales went up by 57 percent to Rs.20.3 billion. Sales of other products, including eyewear, accessories and precision engineering components rose by 53 percent to Rs.960 million,” the listed firm said in a statement.
For the fourth quarter (January-March), income from sales grew by 28 percent YoY to Rs.8.36 billon from Rs.6.06 billion of the same period of 2006-07. The watch segment grew by 11 percent YoY and jewellery by 36 percent.
In view of the strong performance, the company’s board of directors has recommended 80 percent dividend for the fiscal 2008 against 50 percent for the previous fiscal.
- Infosys net profit up 16 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2011
- Biocon net marginally down in fiscal 2012 - Apr 27, 2012
- Infosys net up 33 percent in third quarter - Jan 12, 2012
- Infosys net up 10 percent in second quarter - Oct 12, 2011
- Infosys net up 27 percent in fourth quarter - Apr 13, 2012
- Infosys net up 33 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2012
- Infosys beats guidance, revises outlook again - Oct 12, 2011
- Bosch Q1 net up 23 percent - May 08, 2012
- Syndicate Bank quarterly net up 72 percent - May 12, 2011
- Bosch India net up 45 percent on robust growth - Mar 01, 2011
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Wipro net up 31 percent in first quarter - Jul 23, 2010
- Wipro net up eight percent in fourth quarter - Apr 25, 2012
- Wipro net up 31 percent in first quarter (Lead, correcting figure in para 2) - Jul 23, 2010
- Wipro net up by one percent in first quarter - Jul 20, 2011
Tags: 5 million, billon, board of directors, dividend, eyewear accessories, fourth quarter, industries ltd, jewellery sales, net profit, pbt, precision engineering, rs 1, rs 2, rs 21, rs 6, rs 8, s board, segment, titan industries, watch maker