Titan aims Rs.4.5 bn from eyewear venture (Lead)April 28th, 2008 - 11:43 pm ICT by admin
Kozhikode, April 28 (IANS) Titan Industries Ltd aims at an annual business of around Rs.4.5 billion ($112.5 million) fiveyears from now, from its recently launched eyewear venture, said company managing director Bhaskar Bhat here Monday. He was talking to reporters after announcing the launch of Titan Eye+ (Titan Eye Plus), the company’s first specialised eyewear showroom in Kerala and the fourteenth in the country.
Titan, a joint venture between the Tata Group and Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corp (TIDCO), commenced operations in 1987 under the name Titan Watches Ltd. Later, the company diversified its operations into jewellery business and recently into the eyewear sector.
Bhat said Titan was planning 300 eyewear showrooms in three years. “At present we have selected 40 towns. In 90 days we will open showrooms in these towns,” he added.
The stores offer lens and frames of Titan and other brands. For optical lenses, Titan has a tie-up with lens manufacturer Essilor.The Titan Eye+ recently entered into a pact with Sankara Nethralaya, a leading Chennai-based eye hospital, for training its retail and clinic staff.
- Titan aims Rs.4.5 bn from eyewear venture - Apr 28, 2008
- Dutch varsity to do research in eye care in India - Aug 22, 2012
- A Nano car worth Rs.22 crore - Sep 19, 2011
- Titan to double market share in jewellery business in 5 years - Dec 15, 2011
- Titan to open 100 outlets in India - Apr 13, 2011
- CCCL and Tidco to promote food processing SEZ - Jul 16, 2010
- 'Tere Naam 2' script will be ready soon: Satish Kaushik (Movie Snippets) - Sep 21, 2011
- Himalaya Optical ties up with Tom Davies - May 11, 2012
- Contacts better than implanted lenses for babies with cataracts - May 11, 2010
- Titan Industries expects 25 percent growth in watches sales - Mar 03, 2010
- Now blast resistant goggles for British troops - Apr 10, 2011
- Tie-up with Foster Wheeler on track: BGR Energy - Jan 07, 2010
- Worn during sleep, special contact lens can correct myopia - May 04, 2011
- M&M; in talks with four firms for solar powered UPS - Apr 05, 2012
- Nissan to make diesel engines in India - Nov 17, 2011
Tags: 5 million, bhat, bn, clinic staff, eye hospital, industrial development corp, industries ltd, joint venture, kerala, launch, lens manufacturer, managing director, optical lenses, pact, sankara nethralaya, showrooms, tamil nadu, tata group, tidco, titan industries