Tirumala Diary to set up India’s largest diary plantDecember 14th, 2011 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Dec 14 (IANS) Tirumala Diary, one of south India’s largest and fastest growing private dairies, plans to set up the country’s largest integrated diary plant in Andhra Pradesh with an investment of Rs.60 billion.
Tirumala Managing Director B. Brahma Naidu told reporters here Wednesday that the project with over 20,000 buffaloes and cows, a milk-processing centre, a milk products unit and 2MW captive power project would come up in Guntur district of south coastal Andhra.
Tirumala, which is promoted by four rural entrepreneurs and backed by the global private equity giant Caryle, hopes the project would take off during 2015-16.
The investment into the mega project would be met through a debt-equity of 80:20. Several banks including State Bank of Hyderabad and financial institutions are keen to fund the project.
Naidu said the company had already acquired 2900 acres of land for the project, which would generate organic milk through organic farms. It is proposed to have a capacity of processing one million litres of milk a day.
Tirumala’s wide range of branded diary products include pasteurized milk, Indian style yogurt, butter, ice-cream and other diary products.
The company has six milk processing centrs and 150 chilling centres across Andhra Pradesh. It sells around 1.3 million litres of milk every day in Andhra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
- World-class Sports City to come up near Hyderabad (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Yash Birla to develop sports university near Hyderabad - Jan 12, 2012
- GCMMF announces record sales of Rs. 8005 crores - Aug 18, 2010
- Shimla goes without packaged milk - May 20, 2011
- Karnataka to use farm lands as equity in agri ventures (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- US firm to set nuclear power equipment plant in Andhra - Feb 24, 2011
- Under attack, Chandrababu declares assets - Sep 02, 2011
- Israel keen on helping Goa meet its dairy deficit - Aug 25, 2012
- Karnataka eyes Indian diaspora to promote dairy exports - Jan 17, 2011
- Ice cream manufacturers seek tax reduction - Jul 11, 2011
- 'Dubai' Prasad's links with Naidu, YSR come under CBI scanner - Nov 04, 2011
- DS Group acquires dairy plant in Rajasthan - May 02, 2012
- Chiranjeevi, Naidu blame railway's negligence for disaster - Jul 30, 2012
- Goodricke plans foray into dairy business - Apr 18, 2012
- BGR Energy cuts capex for JVs with Hitachi - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,