Timex appoints dealer in NepalJanuary 6th, 2010 - 5:17 pm ICT by IANS
Kathmandu, Jan 6 (IANS) Timex India, the official licensor of the ICC Cricket World Cup in India in 2011, entered Nepal Wednesday with a tie-up with a local business house.
The Golchha Group, one of the oldest business houses in Nepal with interests in trading, manufacturing and agriculture, becomes the official dealers of Timex watches in Nepal through its Him Electronics company.
Him Electronics is also the authorised dealer for Samsung, Nokia, Dell and Bajaj products.
Him Electronics starts marketing from Wednesday 140 kinds of watches manufactured by Timex in India and the Philippines with their price ranging from NRS 1,100 to NRS 30,000.
Senior vice-president of Timex Group India, V.D. Wadhwa, who is in Kathmandu for the launch, said his company chose Him Electronics after seeking a partner in Nepal for almost four years.
To be available in seven outlets now, Timex watches will soon be obtainable from 40 outlets.
In the next six months, Him Electronics plans to open 150 outlets as well as a showroom dedicated to Timex products.
Most Timex products available in Nepal come through the grey market and do not have any warranty, after-sales service or even guarantee of genuineness.
The authorised dealer will provide a two-year warranty.
“The watch market in Nepal is not regularised,” Shekhar Golchha of Him Electronics said.
“At least 95 percent buyers don’t get receipts or warranty. We took up the dealership to create a fair market.”
- Indian animal vaccine maker gives Nepal a shot - Sep 20, 2010
- After Nano, Tata launches millionaire's car in Nepal - Jul 14, 2011
- Tata Nano sale starts in Nepal from NRS 7.98 lakh - Jun 26, 2011
- Tarun Tahiliani launches his watch collection - Dec 06, 2010
- Nano sweeps Nepal: 350 bookings in 10 days - Jul 09, 2011
- Samsung launches smart TV for Indian market - Mar 18, 2012
- Nepal's casino kingdom faces guillotine - Feb 12, 2011
- Samsung to make on-site inspections on Chinese suppliers - Sep 04, 2012
- Samsung triples India handset output; invests $70 mn - Sep 15, 2011
- New managing director takes charge of Samsung India - Jan 09, 2012
- ITC subsidiary faces double whammy in Nepal - Aug 21, 2011
- LG eyeing to clock 30 percent revenue growth in 2011 - Jan 27, 2011
- Nepal seeks Rs.3 bn credit guarantee from India - May 02, 2011
- Apple iPad available for Rs.27,900 in India - Jan 28, 2011
- India to play major role in Dell's networking plans - Sep 13, 2011
Tags: authorised dealer, business houses, cricket world cup, electronics company, grey market, group india, icc cricket world, icc cricket world cup, kathmandu, launch, licensor, nepal, nrs, philippines, receipts, senior vice president, six months, timex watches, wadhwa, warranty