TimesJobs offers online assessment of fresh graduatesMay 2nd, 2011 - 6:54 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 2 (IANS) Jobs portal TimesJobs.com Monday said it had launched a tool to assess the employability quotient of fresh graduates and allow companies to make informed hiring choices.
It has named the service ‘Quest’.
“Quest is bringing in the next level of corporate empowerment, providing skill assessment solutions to organisations, ensuring the right people, with the right skills are hired for the right job,” the firm’s senior vice president Vivek Madhukar said.
The portal has signed up with educational institutions to assess their students through online assessment examinations covering both the core domain knowledge of the assessee and the other skills required in the professional domain.
Currently, the focus is on providing assessments of fresh engineering and computer graduates.
Corporates availing of this service will be able to hire pre-assessed students who qualify through Quest, and are provided with an interface that allows them to search the database of pre-assessed candidates.
TimesJob.com, run by Times Business Solutions Ltd, has tied up with Noida-based S Quotient Analyzers for the service.
- IT firm MindTree to tap talent in towns across India - Sep 18, 2012
- Job portals work out new strategies in tough times - Jul 19, 2009
- Karnataka employment exchange secures jobs for 60 people - Nov 11, 2010
- Global firms vie to grab Bangalore biz whizkids - Mar 24, 2012
- First management aptitude test to be held Feb 20 - Nov 20, 2010
- Forget .coms, your name alone can be an internet address - Aug 14, 2011
- AISECT launches portal to make quality education, ICT-based services more accessible - Feb 23, 2011
- Interns used as cheap labour in China: Report - Aug 02, 2011
- Bengal warns businessmen of action for not paying taxes - Nov 15, 2011
- Indian management students prefer public sector jobs: Study - Jul 16, 2012
- AIMA to start new test to evaluate B-school students - Sep 21, 2010
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
- Second-rung biz schools churning out 'unemployable' graduates? - Jun 29, 2010
- Internet to be thrown open to new names - Jun 20, 2011
- Hiring picks up on positive growth outlook - Jul 02, 2011
Tags: assessment solutions, business solutions ltd, choices, core domain, corporates, domain knowledge, educational institutions, employability quotient, empowerment, fresh graduates, interface, madhukar, next level, professional domain, quest quest, right job, senior vice president, skill assessment, times business, vivek