Tilaknagar Industries to invest Rs.1.5 bn for expansionJune 17th, 2008 - 7:54 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 17 (IANS) Mumbai-based alcoholic beverages manufacturer Tilaknagar Industries Ltd plans to invest Rs.1.5 billion for the expansion of its plant and setting up a grain-based spirit project. According to the company announcement here Tuesday, the amount will be raised through debt, equity and internal accruals.
Tilaknagar Industries is primarily engaged in manufacturing and marketing of Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL). Its products are exported to Western Africa, the Middle East, the Far East and the Caribbean countries.
The company plans to set up a grain distillery plant with a capacity to produce 100,000 litres of spirit per day.
Tilaknagar Industries chairman and managing director Amit Dahanukar said: “The increase in sales was driven by increased efforts in distribution and aggressive marketing inputs. We hope to sustain the growth pattern in the coming years, thereby maximizing shareholders’ returns.”
In the fiscal year 2008, the company posted a profit after tax (PAT) of Rs.162.1 million compared to Rs.86.5 million for the previous year, a growth of 87 percent.
The gross sales increased to Rs.2.26 billion from Rs.1.12 billion, an increase of 102.28 percent. The company recommended a dividend of 21 percent.
- Tilaknagar Industries' plants get 'mega project' status - Apr 17, 2012
- Tilaknagar Industries lists at Rs.160.10 at NSE - Jul 16, 2010
- Mallya's liquor firm is world's second largest in sales - Apr 08, 2010
- Wheels India to invest Rs.70 crore on expansion - Oct 27, 2011
- MRF Ltd mulls overseas acquisitions - Oct 10, 2011
- Bosch India net up 31 percent in 2011 - Feb 28, 2012
- Liquor to cost more in Haryana - Feb 21, 2011
- BOC India Q2 net declines 25 percent - Jul 20, 2012
- CESC net up 137 percent in Q4 backed by tariff hike - May 08, 2012
- Lumax investing Rs.150 crore on new plants, capacity - Sep 06, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's first quarter net up one percent - Jul 18, 2012
- Birla Corp eyes 3 percent rise in cement sales - Oct 24, 2011
- July auto sales slump as interest rates, fuel prices rise (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2011
- Tractor major to invest Rs.160 crore in expansion - Apr 03, 2012
- Emerson upbeat about India - Jul 08, 2011
Tags: 5 million, accruals, aggressive marketing, alcoholic beverages, bn, caribbean countries, company announcement, debt equity, distillery, dividend, far east, fiscal year, gross sales, industries ltd, liquor, managing director, previous year, rs 2, spirit project, western africa