Ticketholder in Britain wins 41 mn pound jackpotJanuary 22nd, 2012 - 3:09 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 21 (IANS) A ticketholder in Britain has won nearly 41 million pounds on the EuroMillions draw, the daily Telegraph reported Saturday.
Agent Camelot said that the winner scooped the rollover jackpot of 40,627,241 pounds in Friday night’s draw although no one has yet come forward to claim the prize.
A Camelot spokesman said: “This is fantastic news - we’re absolutely delighted to have yet another huge EuroMillions win here in the UK.”
The success is the seventh biggest British lottery win. The record is held by Colin and Chris Weir, from Largs, Scotland, who won 161 million pounds on EuroMillions last July. The winning main EuroMillions numbers were: 02, 10, 22, 27 and 28, and the winning Lucky Star numbers were 06 and 08, the newspaper said.
- Briton scoops 148-mn-pound jackpot - Aug 11, 2012
- Briton wins $98 mn lottery share - Jun 09, 2012
- Britain's record jackpot winner to walk away with $180 mn - Oct 09, 2010
- British couple wins $260 mn jackpot - Jul 16, 2011
- Lottery winner just wants a new carpet - Jan 25, 2012
- Christmas Eve luckiest day for winning lottery - Dec 24, 2010
- Lottery millionaire Mr Topham bans his mother from his life - Mar 05, 2012
- Belgian wins 15 mn euros in lottery - Sep 17, 2011
- Brit couple beat 196 trillion to 1 odd after matching lotto numbers twice - Feb 09, 2011
- British couple wins $88 mn lottery - Feb 15, 2010
- British couple scoop million-pound lottery with forgotten ticket - Jun 01, 2012
- 'Mega Millions' jackpot reaches record $500 million - Mar 29, 2012
- Lottery cash prize winners bring misery to partners - Oct 25, 2010
- Beijing man hits $90 mn jackpot - Jun 13, 2012
- Lottery fever hits as 'Mega Millions' jackpot reaches $540 million - Mar 30, 2012