Three more pilots under scanner for fake licenceApril 12th, 2011 - 10:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 12 (IANS) The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) Tuesday forwarded to investigators names of three more pilots suspected to have procured flying licences using forged mark sheets, police said Tuesday.
“We have received three more names from the DGCA regarding the use of fake marksheets to get commercial flying licences. We are investigating it,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police Ashok Chand.
Delhi Police have so far arrested 11 people in the fake pilot licence scam. Two pilots have been arrested by Rajasthan Police.
Three pilots and a flying instructor against whom a lookout notice was issued March 28 are still on the run.
They are pilots Swaran Singh Talwar of MDLR airlines, Syed Habib Ali and Bhupinder Singh, who have not joined any airline, and flying instructor D. Asatkar.
All airports and ports have been put on alert to prevent them from fleeing the country.
On April 5, Delhi Police arrested two DGCA officials here for helping pilots procure commercial flying licences through forged documents
Mohammed Qasim Ansari, 42, and Mahan Jyoti Bhattacharya, 37, were arrested April 5 night.
Police arrested a tout Eknath Patil April 4.
Abhishek Kaushik was arrested from Gurgaon in Haryana April 1. Hiren Nagar was arrested from Ahmedabad in Gujarat April 4.
Pradeep Kumar, 48, an assistant director with the DGCA, Pradeep Tyagi, 35, a pilot who helped others procure fake mark sheets, and his two associates Pankaj Jain, 23, and Lalit Jain, 34, were arrested between March 22-25 from Delhi and Chennai.
DGCA sources told IANS that a scrutiny of the licences of 3,000-4,000 pilots was on and more arrests were likely.
- Two more held in fake pilot scam - Apr 05, 2011
- Fake pilot scam: Two DGCA staffers held for forgery (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- Fake pilot scam: Delhi Police issues lookout notice against four persons - Mar 28, 2011
- Lookout notices issued for three fake pilots, instructor - Mar 28, 2011
- One more fake pilot arrested (Lead) - Apr 04, 2011
- One more held in fake pilot licence scam - Apr 16, 2011
- Fake pilots: Four more held - Mar 26, 2011
- Fake pilot scam: Files go missing from DGCA - Apr 19, 2011
- Aviation regulator to screen 4,000 pilots for fake licences - Mar 14, 2011
- Fake pilot on the run held in capital - Apr 20, 2011
- Delhi Police arrests MDLR pilot for forging documents - Apr 20, 2011
- One more held in fake pilots' licence scam (Second Lead) - Apr 20, 2011
- Fake pilot probe: Two DGCA officials held - Apr 06, 2011
- Two more arrested in fake pilots' license scam - May 05, 2011
- Fake pilots: Aviation regulator screens 3,000 licences - Mar 13, 2011
Tags: abhishek, bhattacharya, bhupinder singh, chand, civil aviation, commissioner of police, delhi police, dgca, flying instructor, habib ali, hiren, jyoti, kaushik, lalit, mark sheets, mdlr airlines, pilot licence, pradeep kumar, talwar, three pilots