Thirumalai Chemicals restarts operationsDecember 15th, 2008 - 6:56 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 15 (IANS) The Rs.5.87-billion Thirumalai Chemicals Ltd Monday restarted production of phthalic anhydride, an industrial chemical used to make paints, at its Ranipet plant near here after nearly two months. In October the company stopped production of the chemical owing to surge in imports of the commodity from South Korea, Indonesia, Taiwan and Israel that resulted in a price fall.
At that time, Thirumalai Chemicals and other Indian phthalic anhydride manufacturers urged the central government to put in place appropriate trade remedy measures like anti-dumping or safeguard duties to protect the domestic market.
Thirumalai Chemicals at the start of this fiscal had a capacity of 110,000 tonnes per annum (tpa).
Top company officials were not available to comment on the impact of the two months’ production loss and when normal production of phthalic anhydride would resume.
- Paint industry likely to see single digit growth 2012-13 - Aug 22, 2012
- US files complaint over China car duties - Jul 06, 2012
- Daimler India's Bharat Benz trucks to roll on JK Tyres - Feb 06, 2012
- Berger Paints to infuse Rs.100 crore to hike production - Aug 02, 2011
- President Patil calls for greater market access for Indian goods in Chinese market - May 31, 2010
- Greaves Cotton plans to expand construction equipment, diesel engine range - Apr 28, 2012
- India initiated most anti-dumping cases among WTO members - May 07, 2009
- 'India's anti-dumping move violates WTO law' - Sep 16, 2010
- Anti-dumping duty imposed on carbon black - Feb 04, 2010
- Appeal to boost rare earths imports - Aug 22, 2012
- China to adjust anti-dumping duties on Indian antibiotics - Aug 16, 2012
- India to build stronger trade, economic ties with Brazil: Anand Sharma - Mar 08, 2011
- As China dumps in India's solar market, domestic industry shrivels (Business Feature) - May 06, 2012
- Trimex launches mineral sands project in Andhra - Jun 25, 2010
- High price of essentials hits average Indian in metros - Aug 28, 2011