Third supplementary budget presented in JharkhandMarch 13th, 2012 - 7:54 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, March 13 (IANS) Jharkhand Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren, who holds the finance portfolio, Tuesday presented another supplementary budget of Rs.798.96 crore in the state assembly.
The government did not disclose the reason behind the third supplementary budget, but sources said it was needed for key on-going projects in the state.
The opposition parties, however, questioned the tabling of the third supplementary budget.
“What is need for tabling the third supplementary budget when the state government is yet to spend 64 per cent of the total planned budget” said Pradeep yadav, a legislator of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik (JVM-P).
Echoing his view, Congress legislator K.N. Tripathy said the state government had been presenting a supplementary budget in every session of the assembly. “There is large-scale financial mismanagement in the state”.
–Indo-Asian news Service
- Rs.411 crore supplementary budget in Jharkhand - Aug 31, 2012
- Shibu Soren to decide JMM's stand on presidential poll - Jun 24, 2012
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll underway, JVM-P stays away - May 03, 2012
- One killed as protesters, police clash in Ranchi - Sep 03, 2012
- JVM-P accuses Congress of horse trading again - Apr 21, 2012
- Legislator lies down on Jharkhand assembly table - Mar 11, 2011
- Jharkhand to seek mining lease details from CBI - Jan 04, 2011
- AJSU wins Jharkhand by-poll (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- New partners, new alliances? What next in Jharkhand - Apr 28, 2010
- Injured Munda, jailed Koda vote in presidential poll - Jul 19, 2012
- JVM-P not averse to forming government with Congress - May 26, 2010
- Pranab campaigns in Jharkhand, Lalu, Paswan also pitch in - Jul 12, 2012
- Soren quits as Jharkhand chief minister (Second Lead) - May 31, 2010
- Marandi's party to stay away from Rajya Sabha poll - Apr 23, 2012
- Jharkhand assembly disrupted over Marandi's arrest - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: asian news, congress, crore, deputy chief minister, finance portfolio, financial mismanagement, hemant, indo, legislator, news service, opposition parties, ranchi, soren, srj, state assembly, state government, supplementary budget, tripathy, vikas, vm