Thinkshop on Indian Governments next E-governance projectAugust 29th, 2008 - 3:29 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 29 (ANI): The Union Ministry of Information Technology said on Friday that the UPA Governments next E-Governance project - NextGen MCA21 would possess the capability of meeting the challenges of the countrys growing economy.
Inaugurating a Thinkshop on the project here, Union Information Technology Secretary Jainder Singh said, Our rapid pace of growth is putting immense work pressure on current institutional structures, current ways of functioning, and current ways of managing information and current regulatory practices. This coupled with heightened expectations of the stakeholders on account of the success of MCA21 has created an urgent need to evolve further to meet the pressure and expectations.
Former NASSCOM president Kiran Karnik said that the MCA21 has introduced a lot of transparency in corporate affairs and helped all stakeholders in the public and private sectors. .
The efforts of the next generation should concentrate on doing something totally new, and not seek mere extension of present programme, he added.
The Thinkshop is the first project launched under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) and has proved to be a major step forward and catalyst for promoting citizen centric service delivery mechanism.
The MCA21 is a comprehensive, end-to-end service oriented solution, which has improved the compliance of various provisions of the Companies Act.
As a result of the MCA21, procedures like the approval of name, registration of a company, change of name of the company, issue of certified documents, annual filings, inspection of public documents which earlier used to take several days, are being delivered on the same day.
The popularity of the project can be judged from the fact that the MCA portal receives 1.7 million hits a day. This project has ushered a new era in corporate governance interaction. (ANI)
- Cabinet Secretary to inaugurate ''Thinkshop on next Gen MCA21'' tomorrow - Aug 28, 2008
- Cabinet Secretary to inaugurate ''Thinkshop on next Gen MCA21'' today - Aug 29, 2008
- Kiran Karnik joins Attero Recycling board - Feb 13, 2011
- Passport officers' meet to kick off Tuesday - Nov 27, 2011
- Now Delhi to spread information through SMS - Jul 23, 2011
- Corporate sector poised to become engine of economy growth: PM - Dec 14, 2010
- UP to pilot national single window for investors - Jun 07, 2012
- Indian IT poised for second revolution: Kiran Karnik - Apr 04, 2012
- West Bengal to set up IT hubs in all districts - Jul 26, 2011
- Kiran Karnik joins Attero Recycling Board as first 'Independent Director' - Jan 28, 2011
- Chandy launches IT incubator - Mar 27, 2012
- US, Europe on recovery path: Infosys Kris - Mar 08, 2012
- Apex committee on National E-Governance Plan to meet today - Jul 16, 2010
- EMC Data solution to automate government work - May 03, 2012
- E-governance can reduce corruption: Meghalaya governor - Jul 20, 2012