Thematic Sea World to come up in SindhudurgOctober 18th, 2011 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 18 (IANS) India’s first-ever thematic water park, Sea World, will come up near the sea in Sindhudurg in south-coastal Maharashtra, a top official announced Tuesday.
The Sea World will come up at a cost of Rs.5.10 billion, including a one billion rupee funding from the state government and the rest to be raised through private participation, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said.
“Maharashtra is blessed with a 720 km long coastline with magnificent beaches, offering huge potential for attracting domestic and foreign tourists. In the past few years, the number of tourists visiting the state and its coastal areas has shown a significant increase,” Chavan said after approving the mega-project.
Sea World would have a world class acquarium for viewing some of the most exotic marine life, underwater studios, a dolphin stadium, water sports facilities, a water park, theme restaurants, conference centre, theatre, information centre and accommodation for tourists.
“Sea World will also impart awareness on environment, creating a love for nature and promote eco-tourism which would help create immense employment opportunities for the coastal Konkan region of the state, the most beautiful but backward,” an aide to Industry Minister Narayan Rane, who hails from the region and is guardian minister for Sindhudurg, told IANS.
- Dolphin activists oppose Sea World project in Maharashtra - Feb 29, 2012
- Penguins, seals to feature in Konkan's sea world project - Jun 02, 2011
- State to sell 'Maharashtra Tourism' brand aggressively - Mar 26, 2012
- Jaitapur nuclear power project discussed by Manmohan Singh and Chavan - Apr 26, 2011
- NGO opposes dolphin park in Maharashtra - Nov 05, 2011
- Congress, NCP bicker in Maharashtra; Sena for central rule - Feb 01, 2012
- Technical group to study Mumbai's coastal road proposal - Apr 15, 2011
- Shiv Sena warns of beating Jaitapur n-plant supporters - Feb 28, 2011
- Monsoon set to hit Maharashtra in next two days - Jun 07, 2011
- Seismic centre to come up at Satara - May 24, 2012
- Nuclear plant in Maharashtra's Jaitapur cleared: says Ramesh (Lead) - Nov 28, 2010
- Malafide protests against Jaitapur will not be tolerated: Narayan Rane - Jan 21, 2011
- Rains hit Konkan Railway services - Jul 17, 2011
- Shiv Sena got Rs.5 bn to oppose Jaitapur: Narayan Rane (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- Maharashtra to share 50 percent cost of two railway projects - Mar 08, 2012
Tags: acquarium, chavan, chief minister, coastal areas, coastline, dolphin stadium, industry minister, information centre, magnificent beaches, mega project, narayan rane, one billion, prithviraj, private participation, rupee, sea world, state government, theme restaurants, water park, water sports facilities