The Philadelphia Inquirer to power Pressmart Media’s electronic editionNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:05 am ICT by admin
“This new media digital distribution channel includes eEditions, Mobile Editions, and Audio Editions for Podcasts. We can now offer our current print subscribers as well as new subscribers a convenient same-day, same-as-print eEdition delivered to their laptops or PC’s,” Brian added.
Pressmart will co-develop, host and electronically deliver the print-replica eEdition of The Philadelphia Inquirer on its New Media Delivery PlatformT.
“As a provider of a wide spectrum of digital publishing solutions, it is crucial for us to provide highly capable, reliable and scaleable solutions for our publishing customer needs,” Sanjeev Gupta, CEO, Pressmart Media, said.
“Pressmart’s selection as an digital publishing partner by Philadelphia Inquirer demonstrates our strong domain expertise, long-term success in service delivery and consistent innovation in technology. The Pressmart New Media Delivery PlatformT has gained industry reputation for its powerful features and functionality that enables Publishers to deliver feature rich digital version of their products for its consumers and add new profitable revenue streams,” Sanjeev added.
Offering Web 2.0 features that include Blogs, Podcast, RSS, and Social Media integration, the electronic edition will be delivered on multiple distribution channels to individuals, enterprises and academic institutions.
Distinctive from web-based versions of newspapers, the eEdition will be actual replica of the print edition and will be available at a regular subscription rate for current and potential Inquirer subscribers.
The electronic edition is scheduled to go live on January 7, 2008. (ANI)
- Pressmart Media signs pact with US magazine - Jul 16, 2008
- Pressmart launches tablet-based education solution - Jul 02, 2012
- Employment News to be available as e-paper, SMS alerts - Jul 17, 2012
- Pressmart secures $6 mn fund from US venture capital firms - Sep 04, 2008
- Pressmart forges alliance with Curtis Circulation - Apr 01, 2008
- No unanimity on hiking FDI in print media: Minister - Dec 20, 2011
- Petition against Veena Malik dismissed - Dec 08, 2011
- Urdu media modernises, but declining readership a worry - Jul 04, 2011
- Encyclopaedia Britannica no more in print - Mar 14, 2012
- Curtis Circulation Company, Pressmart Media announce the launch of "iMags" digital magazine solution - Mar 27, 2008
- India's first e-reader Wink unveiled, supporting 15 languages - Aug 19, 2010
- 2012 Pulitzer Prizes announced - Apr 17, 2012
- Jihadi media is booming in Pakistan - Jan 12, 2011
- Print media business booming in india, but concerns over future - Oct 15, 2011
- Pressmart adds National Review Magazine to growing list of new global clients - Mar 20, 2008
Tags: audio editions, brian tierney, co develop, consistent innovation, crucial, digital distribution, digital publishing solutions, domain expertise, electronic edition, functionality, industry reputation, media delivery, media integration, mobile editions, philadelphia inquirer, profitable revenue, s brian, sanjeev gupta, scaleable solutions, subscribers